Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Could this be the ASA ATR's replacement's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For argument's sake, based on your logic, how do you explain flying 757's and narrow-bodies from ATL to Savannah, Charleston, BHM, JAX, and many other cities that even a Bandit could reach?
ummm, because those cities can support that much lift?...maybe?.....duh.

sw had the same offer as they did for the 900 2 for 1 shuffle. sw said no, pin said yes.

PCL is not trading in 2 50-seaters for these FreedomAir -900s. In fact they start getting returned to Delta in less than 3 months. PCLs fleet projection 8 months from now is 124 -200s and 16 -900s.

Kingzrt said:
Lets put you ASA guys at ease, the first 15 400's are Continentals, Thats it. The next 15 are for whoever wants them as stated in the article.

Just to clarify there has been no announcement of ANY additional commitments on Q-400s at Colgan. The ATW article says no such thing in any kind of conclusive way and it was just Trenary's way of getting everyone excited to distract you from your Union drive. Read the article carefully and you will see that it doesn't say anything. Continental is currently not interested in more Qs and nobody else is for that matter either. The order books reflect that.

For argument's sake, based on your logic, how do you explain flying 757's and narrow-bodies from ATL to Savannah, Charleston, BHM, JAX, and many other cities that even a Bandit could reach?

I said small markets, I did not comment on their proximity to Atlanta. The metropolitan area of SAV has over 300,000 residents, Greater Jacksonville has a population of abuot 1.3 million, Birmingham: over 1 million, and Charleston: over 600,000. These numbers are not for city limits, but metropolitan areas.

Yes, a bandit or even a cessna 182 could fly to any of these cities, but even you would concede that there are other large cities that are somewhat close to Altanta. What about Dothan or Macon, they're close by? Still, look farther away, LEX, TUL, BTR, TYS, ORF, or MYR. All these are close to other hubs than they are atlanta, and most of these see all or a majority of regional service vs mainline.

I don't understand why many feel ASA is being left out of all the "GROWTH".

What growth have we missed on? 7 900s? Whoo, now that's alot of growth! Pinnacle can have the planes.

We just need to sit back and wait because nothing new is going to happen until the merger is complete.

And as far as ASA not being the place to be, I don't know about you, but in this economic environment I am extremely happy to be at a company that has over a billion in the bank, a long history of treating their employees well, and has a new President that has raised an airline WELL above expectations.

Over and out....

And as far as ASA not being the place to be, I don't know about you, but in this economic environment I am extremely happy to be at a company that has over a billion in the bank, a long history of treating their employees well, and has a new President that has raised an airline WELL above expectations.

Over and out....

Oh for F's sake, there you go, spewing logic again. Come on man, these guys won't be happy unless they're not flying and picking up paychecks twice a month, which, coincidentally, is exactly what I'm doing this month...

ASA not the place to be? Then where IS the place to be?

Incidently, I talked to one of the several former ASA FO newhires that left us soon after training for Pinnicle. Remember when they were offering a signing bonus, quick upgrade, and recruiting right out of the parking lot of Flight Safety? He has yet to get his bonus, his upgrade ain't lookin' so good, and his second year pay is much lower than what he would be making at ASA. Ooops.......

Incidently, I talked to one of the several former ASA FO newhires that left us soon after training for Pinnicle. Remember when they were offering a signing bonus, quick upgrade, and recruiting right out of the parking lot of Flight Safety? He has yet to get his bonus, his upgrade ain't lookin' so good, and his second year pay is much lower than what he would be making at ASA. Ooops.......

But he gets to fly a big CRJ 900!!! I hear those things have 2 FMS's:eek:

But he gets to fly a big CRJ 900!!! I hear those things have 2 FMS's:eek:

IF he's senior enough to bid it. They only have like 9 of those things flying around. Chances are he's flying around the 200s for 21 bucks and hr. At least he gets to look forward to $24 next year:eek:

I don't understand why many feel ASA is being left out of all the "GROWTH".

What growth have we missed on? 7 900s? Whoo, now that's alot of growth! Pinnacle can have the planes.

We just need to sit back and wait because nothing new is going to happen until the merger is complete.

Over and out....

Great post 777. I couldn't agree more. I wish some of the blowhards, wouldn't blow so hard. It's getting annoying, as the economic environment isn't so hot right now. It will come back. I believe we are bottoming right now. Hopefully next year we see some mild growth with 2010 being a great year!

Trojan

IF he's senior enough to bid it. They only have like 9 of those things flying around. Chances are he's flying around the 200s for 21 bucks and hr. At least he gets to look forward to $24 next year:eek:

Those are "senior" PCL pilots making all those horrible landings in ATL?? Sheesh!

Latest resources

Back