Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Could the Republic/Frontier/Lynx announcement mean something for Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Smarter than you obviously. And as far as being unpopular, this aint no popularity contest. Are you trying to be popular on an anonymous web board? You might need to be the next guest on Dr. Phil. You obviously don't know much about Delta or ASA, or any of the DCI carriers. Delta still wants to find "the right fit" for each route, and the ATRs were good but getting old. Delta has looked at the Dash-8-400, and probably likes it. There are plenty of routes around the hubs that could use a Dash-8-400 rather than a 50 seat RJs (or even a 70/76 seater). It would be more fuel efficient, and looking at the lower pay generally---more cost efficient--in Delta management's eyes. That is the key. I am not advocating less pay and benefits, rather I am trying to figure out what management MIGHT do. That is what happens sometimes on anonymous forums. I see that you might fly for ASA, and I can see why you don't even want to think about what might replace your beloved ATR. This is a sign of the times, and scope is important.(we have learned that over the years, and hopefully are hardening ours for the future) Comair went for the pay during their last contract, and neglected scope--and we now have a flood of DCI carriers. Expect to see more of that---and at the lowest cost, unfortunately.

Bye Bye---General Lee

ASA does not fly ATR's anymore.

General!!!

Stop. Go somewhere else. I don't read nor comment on your boards.

Please return the courtesy!!!

MABY you will think about your posts before you do them next time.

Bye Bye--General Lee

"MABY" You will one day learn to communicate with others in the English language to the competency level of an alert ground squirrel...

-When you wish upon a star!
-Spelling is tough, Gen-just like many other thought processes-eh?

And, maby you're english skills ain't all that superior.

You're or your? You're means YOU ARE. You need to work on it YOU'RESELF. Re-read your posts before you hit enter.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General!!!

Stop. Go somewhere else. I don't read nor comment on your boards.

Please return the courtesy!!!

Ummmm, NO. You can ignore me all you want. That solves it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Don't expect Gen Lee to do anything but be a walking, talking blow-job... He has no courtesy, no sense of common decency, in general no redeeming qualities.

-Fits the mold.

Thanks Dad. Wow, I must really be spot on because it bugs the heck out of you. That makes me feel FANTASTIC. Keep it going fryguy.

Bye Bye--General Lee

ASA does not fly ATR's anymore.

Correct. I was saying that type of flying could be replaced by Dash-8-400s, maybe from LYNX. Right now DL replaced the ATR flying with Saabs, and Mesaba is now talking about parking some SAABs. So, one could conclude that a cheaper group could come in and take some of that flying with a plane that actually makes sense on certain routes. I don't think any of our regionals in DCI have their own scope clauses that preclude that. Remember, DCI carriers are feed, and can be replaced.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back