Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Could the Republic/Frontier/Lynx announcement mean something for Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I love this mindset. If you had any grey matter in that flat top delta dome you would want the regionals to be paid as much as possible and better duty rigs, QOL, etc. The closer they are to the legacy the more likely you get 100 seaters at mainline. The cheaper those regionals are( insert lynx here), the more pressure it puts on you. But you are doing the typical top 50% of the legacy. You are not worried about furlough anymore so get as cheap a feed as possible because that means big paychecks for those africa turns.

I should know better than even posting this on the 'regional' forum to a mainline guy...... as I once learned..... never argue with a fool because after a few minutes nobody can tell the difference

Hey, let me get this straight. I want higher pay for regionals. I am just thinnking what THEY MIGHT DO HERE. That is it. I don't want lower pay to result, it might just happen that way. Got it? I am trying to figure out their next move. That's it. And, I don't wish for any furloughs, for anyone. It is just amazing to watch what is happening in front of us.

Bye Bye--General Lee

They will be buying SWA next, no staples just fire your asses. LOL

Dang, angry. I have some buddies there, I can get a rec. at Republic. I also have 7 legs of Autothrottle experience, so I have that going for me. I hear the ERJ's have all sorts of "full-up" equipment. LOL.

Last edited:
Yeah, right.......??????? Smokin MORE dope are you?

Bye Bye--General Lee

I was just making a comment about how delta has a fairly good track record of giving away flying in larger and larger aircraft to other companies. Now one of the companies that delta has given away flying to in the past has larger airplanes. And as Delta has demostrated over the past the pilots will give that flying away for a small, probably only short lived, bump up in pay. I'm not saying that is an absolute future, but it would be a break away from the pilot's group past if they didn't give it away.

Do you really think anything good will come of another uber low cost entrant into the market?

Quick upgrades! . . . Or even better - street captains!!!

Wow, General Lee. For the first time I understand why you're so unpopular on this forum. Delta is trying to shed regional, why would they add more capacity in this market?

What is your level of education?

Wow, General Lee. For the first time I understand why you're so unpopular on this forum. Delta is trying to shed regional, why would they add more capacity in this market?

What is your level of education?

Smarter than you obviously. And as far as being unpopular, this aint no popularity contest. Are you trying to be popular on an anonymous web board? You might need to be the next guest on Dr. Phil. You obviously don't know much about Delta or ASA, or any of the DCI carriers. Delta still wants to find "the right fit" for each route, and the ATRs were good but getting old. Delta has looked at the Dash-8-400, and probably likes it. There are plenty of routes around the hubs that could use a Dash-8-400 rather than a 50 seat RJs (or even a 70/76 seater). It would be more fuel efficient, and looking at the lower pay generally---more cost efficient--in Delta management's eyes. That is the key. I am not advocating less pay and benefits, rather I am trying to figure out what management MIGHT do. That is what happens sometimes on anonymous forums. I see that you might fly for ASA, and I can see why you don't even want to think about what might replace your beloved ATR. This is a sign of the times, and scope is important.(we have learned that over the years, and hopefully are hardening ours for the future) Comair went for the pay during their last contract, and neglected scope--and we now have a flood of DCI carriers. Expect to see more of that---and at the lowest cost, unfortunately.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
I was just making a comment about how delta has a fairly good track record of giving away flying in larger and larger aircraft to other companies. Now one of the companies that delta has given away flying to in the past has larger airplanes. And as Delta has demostrated over the past the pilots will give that flying away for a small, probably only short lived, bump up in pay. I'm not saying that is an absolute future, but it would be a break away from the pilot's group past if they didn't give it away.

We have given away a lot in the past. Will it happen in the future? I don't think so, since we have now merged with a tougher group of pilots, and the rest of us that are LEFT (after we lost the top 2000 pre BK for their pensions), have seen the affects of RJ proliferation. We have suffered displacements etc due to airplanes going away and being replaced by RJs. Many of the top guys that couldn't care any less about regionals while they were only doing Europe etc, are gone. (at least on the Delta South side) What I am saying is it will be tougher to vote away scope now. Our MEC knows it, and the vast majority of us won't VOLUNTARILY vote it away now, not even for a pay bump. Some top guys might not care, but they are not in the majority for sure. BK court allowed some increases in RJs, but that will hopefully not be the case again in the future. Anyone who thinks BK Court wasn't the reason for the last increase in RJs is nuts.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back