Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Could Southwest's run of profitability be coming to an end?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly...So why does everyone go around saying they are the lowest paid to make other airlines look bad, when clearly they are the highest paid and deserve it? I don't understand?

Herb basically built the company up from 1971. If you don't think he doesn't deserve what he's reaped from it, well......everyone has an opinion. Name another exec that been with an airline for 37 yrs these days. Let me know when you find one.

I'd say SWA got a bargain out of what HK built the company into.

Bill Gates is worth what, 50 billion? Is he overpaid? HK made peanuts compared to him.

except nobody is retiring...thus SWA/FO is still the SWA/FO

They will still continue to retire but not at the same rate as before. In 5 years (most likely 2-3) it will pick up again and then it will seem like a mute point. When you get to age 60 you can make your own mind up at that point to see if you will stay or go early. Nice choice to have. Until then you have the second best job in the company. ;)

So why does Gary Kelly stay at SW when he can come over to any other airline and make ten times as much and not even have to work for it??? Is he stupid??

See how east it is to look up information on the internet? Plus, it is so much more accurate than the people you obviously listen to.

I don't know what Gary Kelly's motivations are. I haven't asked him.

However, I do know that he has worked for SWA since the 80's and LUV's the airline. He makes a VERY comfortable living and actually cares about it and the people who work for it.

You asked me to prove my statement which I did.
Like 328dude said "Nice back pedaling."

See how east it is to look up information on the internet? Plus, it is so much more accurate than the people you obviously listen to.

I don't know what Gary Kelly's motivations are. I haven't asked him.

However, I do know that he has worked for SWA since the 80's and LUV's the airline. He makes a VERY comfortable living and actually cares about it and the people who work for it.

You asked me to prove my statement which I did.
Like 328dude said "Nice back pedaling."
The CEO of AMR made $10 million + off AMR. Herb has made $200 million +. You didn't prove anything, you just picked a year where someone received stock options to add to their yearly salary. Warren Buffet only makes $100K a year from his salary at Berkshire. I guess you're worth more than him since you make more per year at SW.

Arpey could not run a local Starbucks in the Black. Herb created the most profitable airline in history. Herb should have made $400,000,000. He definetly got the short end of the stick. 35 years of continued profitability deserves more compensation that most white collar jokers.

The CEO of AMR made $10 million + off AMR. Herb has made $200 million +. You didn't prove anything, you just picked a year where someone received stock options to add to their yearly salary. Warren Buffet only makes $100K a year from his salary at Berkshire. I guess you're worth more than him since you make more per year at SW.

You asked me to prove something and I did. You were wrong and you continue to be wrong. Herb Kelleher year in and year out has been one of the lowest paid CEO's in the business.

BTW, I compared Arpey's 2006 salary with Herb's Salary for ONE YEAR. A little reading comprehension goes a long way. Furthermore, if you would do just a tiny bit of research you will see that Herb did sell shares in 2006.

Seriously, just do a little research before you spout off and talk about things you know very little about.

You asked me to prove something and I did. You were wrong and you continue to be wrong. Herb Kelleher year in and year out has been one of the lowest paid CEO's in the business.

BTW, I compared Arpey's 2006 salary with Herb's Salary for ONE YEAR. A little reading comprehension goes a long way. Furthermore, if you would do just a tiny bit of research you will see that Herb did sell shares in 2006.

Seriously, just do a little research before you spout off and talk about things you know very little about.

Owned again...............Round 3?

Herb makes more than Arpey, you can't possibly think that Arpey has made more than Herb.

Herb makes more than Arpey, you can't possibly think that Arpey has made more than Herb.

Herb has been CEO of SWA since the 1980's.

Arpey has been the CEO of AMR since 2003.

Over the course of that time Herb has been at the job much longer than Arpey. If you state that Herb has made more than Arpey that would only because Herb had been in that position much longer than Arpey. NOT because he made more money per year than Arpey.

Herb has continually been one of the lowest paid CEO's in the industry. I proved it to you and you still don't get it.

Either you don't read what I post or you are incredibly stupid. After reading most of your diatribe I suspect the latter.

Dude, I'm not sure what your smoking, but everyone here seems to understand the concept except you. Let's take a time out for a second.

Tell you what, start an airline, I'll pay you $10 a month and see how long you stay. Herb got paid nothing the first years of Southwest and paid for his lawyer services pro bono. Arprey, got paid how much since 2003 on the heals of his employee's.

Realitivity is a great thing, when you actually look for it. In either case, you're either really missing the point, or a regional new hire.

Let's just move on, ok friend?

Latest resources

Back