Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Could someone smart explain SKYW stock's continual decline?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta can get out of Pinnacles 200's without 1 for 1, or 2 for 1 deals....it's called bankruptcy. So not so sure more 900's if DL TA passes coming Pinnacles way.

Right, and Pinnacle is going to get a Billion dollars worth of plane straight outta Bankruptcy? That's like a normal everyday person walking out of Bankruptcy court and then approved for a lease on a Ferrari!

Also, because I know you're thinking about it, why would DAL purchase a billion dollars worth of planes to give to a Pinnacle when they can use somebody else's money to get lift(SKW!)?

Not 100% sure, but having a Billion dollars at the ready will probably help a lot.

Thank you! Another person that knows what going on!

Look again? Not nearly $1 billion anymore and burning through cash at more than $1 million per day? lots of talk about a ch 11.

SKW Inc lost 700k last quarter mostly because of poor performing foreign investments, and now you speak of burning through $1 millon per day? Put down the Jeffrey.....

A ton of fifty seat jets with no place to go when the contracts run out?

The leases are tied to the contract length.. So no risk. Delta doesn'nt want to use its own credit for more RJ's. Yes Gojet can do it cheaper. But there leases will cost more, so they would do it at a loss.. How long could that last.. Sky inc has about 660mill cash in the bank.. and in my opinion about to flash the cash.. How?, Not sure... But i don'nt think they are looking to buy another airline.. They are still having buyers remorse with XJT.. But, they have been shifting away from Delta. They added Alaska air and Usair in the last year.. Those are small ops, that im sure they want to grow.. 5 alaska and 15 Usair aircraft..

Right, and Pinnacle is going to get a Billion dollars worth of plane straight outta Bankruptcy? That's like a normal everyday person walking out of Bankruptcy court and then approved for a lease on a Ferrari!

Also, because I know you're thinking about it, why would DAL purchase a billion dollars worth of planes to give to a Pinnacle when they can use somebody else's money to get lift(SKW!)?

Bingo.. 70 new 900's is 1.7 billion..doubt delta wants to tie that much money/credit up... When they have 100 737-900's 27 MD90's. And now 88 717's...thats got to be alot of momey...

The regional biz is slowly fading away. SkyW might not have any tail risk, but once the contracts on all the EM120's, CRJ2's and E145's expire, there will be nothing to replace that flying. The majors will not allow scope on any additional jets, and Skywest will take a big revenue hit. Huge fleet shrinkage will mean additional cost and a very expensive workforce. Ability to finance planes is nice but it doesn't mean much if there isn't anything to finance.

Don't be so sure the 50 seat contracts are safe...anywhere. Delta is paying huge 'fines' for this flying in the form of seat costs upwards of 15 cents/mile. I think they will pay the penalties associated with breaking the contracts to dump these. The 700/900 costs are fairly close to the 757 (I think it was around 8.2 cents/mile). I can't remember the exact numbers but the 700 was 8.something and the 900 was high 7s.

This is EXACTLY why Pinnacle and or Comair WILL get the new 900's. Look at the historical facts. Start with the Mesaba and NWA history...let's just move ahead 8 years and call it Pinnacle and Delta history since the players are the same. Spanjers, Anderson, everything the same only the names (airline) have changed.

Nwa forces Mesaba in chapter 11 by withholding payments. Mesaba uses chapter 11 to get out of Avro leases, shed pilot and other union labor cost. Also the Big Sky experiment was canned. Sound familiar so far. Just replace Mesaba with Pinnacle, NWA with Delta, Avro's with Saabs,Big Sky with Colgan.

So what happened next? Mesaba was awarded 19 crj 200's and 36 crj 900's, soon to grow to 51 900's.

It's no secrete the Delta wants to get out of 200's. The Delta TA leads us to believe the number is 150. Looking at pinnacle 124 + 19 = 143 hmmm? In my opinion delta will take their own 200's that are leased to pinnacle and dumb those. Why Pinnacle vs. Skywest. The Skywest 200's are exactly that, Skywest's problem why would Delta give them an out when they can use that out for themselves.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back