Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Could SkyWest even handle more flying if awarded NWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey airtime tell us again why the flying should be going to Mesaba or Pinnacle. Just curious because if there is a reason I'm unaware of then I will apply to one of these companies.

Not too bad actually. Most of the FNG's are pretty good. There hasn't been too much turnover in the training department so the boys in LGB are pretty good at taking someone who can't fly their way out a wet paper bag and turning them into reasonably competent FO's.

JL is so busy in the LGB Sim he can't even hit the surf or return calls from old bro's. You are correct that SkyW has a great training dept, but hiring guys w/ 850 tt is INSANE! I wouldn't let my wife or daughter get into a single engine w/ a CFI unless he had over 1000TT. Even thinking about a Bro crew under 30 with a few thousand hours of COMBINED flight time flying in the SLC system in the winter is just a scary thought.

Just my $0.02

Baja.

it makes me sick how all these skywest pukes are on here drooling over flying that should be going to Mesaba or Pinnacle. You guys are scumb and if this supposed merger goes through I hope Skywest is out.

Don't forget about the mailine/Compass guys.....

Baja.

I guess the old days of needing 3500tt to get an interview are long gone eh? WOW. You Capt's must have your hands full eh?

Baja.

No joke. I had an F.O that didn't know how to fire up the APU. I told him I was gonna get the release so go ahead and fire it up. I come back and he was still doing a walkaround with a dark bird. You PSP guys know who I'm talking about. Dont forget about the chick who overtorqued 221 not too long ago.

In regards to new FO's being behind the plane:

Hmm, last I checked Skywest's mins are higher than almost every other regional right now...

Skywest: 1000/100
American Eagle: 500/100
Express Jet: 600/100
Comair: 600/100
Pinnacle: $30,000 at ALL ATP schools
Mesa: A pulse

need i go on?

Of course FO's can get behind the airplane in the beginning. Don't even pretend you folks flew like seasoned pros right out of IOE. We're all human.

Last edited:
it makes me sick how all these skywest pukes are on here drooling over flying that should be going to Mesaba or Pinnacle. You guys are scumb and if this supposed merger goes through I hope Skywest is out.

Still flaming your misdirected anger I see.

It's called diversification. If you have all your eggs in one basket, like Pinnacle and Mesaba, you run a higher risk of this happening. I hope that you can one day look back on this and realize how dumb you sound throwing the word scab and scumbag around like you do. There are folks in the majors board that can tell you exactly what those words really mean. We all have some growing up to do at times. Keep the faith brother!

Where do you work anyway? I hope wherever you work, it sucks less for you in the near future. It's obvious you have a personal vendetta against SkyWest that is not shared industry-wide. Would you feel better if all this flying went to a lower-paying ALPA airline? *cough Mesa*

by the way, i found a new airline for you to bash for no reason. http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=90449

Last edited:
What I really like about this moron is that he's all worked up about something that hasn't even happened yet.

What if the flying goes to Compass, Mesa, Wisconsin, Chautauqua, etc.? Would you like it any better if the screwing came from an ALPA carrier?

You'd do well to STFU and pay attention. Notice how all the ASA guys toned it down when it became apparent that they're getting the Comair flying.

Last edited:
Still flaming your misdirected anger I see.

It's called diversification. If you have all your eggs in one basket, like Pinnacle and Mesaba, you run a higher risk of this happening. I hope that you can one day look back on this and realize how dumb you sound throwing the word scab and scumbag around like you do. There are folks in the majors board that can tell you exactly what those words really mean. We all have some growing up to do at times. Keep the faith brother!

Where do you work anyway? I hope wherever you work, it sucks less for you in the near future. It's obvious you have a personal vendetta against SkyWest that is not shared industry-wide. Would you feel better if all this flying went to a lower-paying ALPA airline? *cough Mesa*

by the way, i found a new airline for you to bash for no reason. http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=90449

MESA STILL MAKES MORE THAN YOU GUYS DO.
AND ASA HAS A RESPECTABLE WAGE TEN DOLLARS HIGHER THAN YOU. TELL ME AGAIN HOW YOU ARN'T THE LOWEST PAID IN THE INDUSTRY. IT'S IN BLACK AND WHITE IF A SKYWEST PILOT COULD ONLY READ.

No joke. I had an F.O that didn't know how to fire up the APU. I told him I was gonna get the release so go ahead and fire it up. I come back and he was still doing a walkaround with a dark bird. You PSP guys know who I'm talking about. Dont forget about the chick who overtorqued 221 not too long ago.

Maybe he didn't want to go deaf during the walk-around. If I have a choice I leave the APU off and then walk back there. Not like the 3 minutes it takes hurts anything.

Still believe the 12 Comair 700s are up in the air on who'll operate them. It could be ASA.

In reality, it's quite clear as to who will operate them. When Skywest announced the aquisition of the 12 Comair 700s, they put a little statement saying they were not sure which unit will operate them. Like they didn't now. Yeah right. They did that so they wouldn't excalate the ASA's on going pilot contract negotiation process. It may also be used as a dangling carrot.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back