Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Could SkyWest even handle more flying if awarded NWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nope. You can INTERVIEW with 850 if you went through allatps. Gotta have 1000tt for ground school.

I guess the old days of needing 3500tt to get an interview are long gone eh? WOW. You Capt's must have your hands full eh?

Baja.

Oh yeah - Don't forget about the NWA/Compass deal if hte merger happens.

yeah...hands full....a buddy told me that a hew hire put the flaps up instead of down when he called for full flaps on approach. good times! ohwell, with our new hire pay shooting up 23 cents an hour, i am sure that they will beating down our doors now.

I guess the old days of needing 3500tt to get an interview are long gone eh? WOW. You Capt's must have your hands full eh?

Baja.

Not too bad actually. Most of the FNG's are pretty good. There hasn't been too much turnover in the training department so the boys in LGB are pretty good at taking someone who can't fly their way out a wet paper bag and turning them into reasonably competent FO's.

Key is keeping expectations realistic. Expect rookies to make some rookie mistakes. If the wx is decent and you're not doing a lot of special airports you can have them fly some extra legs and get them up to speed. Visuals are a struggle for some but with a bit of coaching they catch on quickly for the most part. Personally I get some satisfaction out of helping these guys out. If they walk away feeling more confident because they're starting to master the basics of the job then I feel like I've done something besides fill out manifests and flirt with the cute Ops agents. Some of these guys will be captains in a year so it's critical to get them up to speed ASAP so they can start learning a few tricks that will keep them out of the trouble once they slide over to the left side.

Lets see, 17 900's for delta, 700's from asa for delta, and now on top of that 12 700's from comair for delta. That is a lot of pilots and from what it sounds like, they are already short pilots and close to hiring street captains for the bro. I think it might be time to stop growing for awhile.

Skywest is hiriing 150 pilots/month until further notice.

No actually skwest is in. There is plenty of flying to be transfered from the mainline to the regionals, enough for every regional pilot. The fact of the matter is though any carrier receiving aircraft besides Mesaba is going to get the mainline furloughs to go with it. Do skywest pilots want to fly for NWA if it means 500+ pilots may be displaced as a result? Do they even have a choice?

The merger will happen after the first of the year. Who knows how they will intigrate the seniority list. NWA along with Delta and its regional partners will be a new force in the ever developing airline industry. They will put at least 1 or 2 LCC/National airlines out of business and will dominate their market. The wheels for this merger have been set in motion since October 2005. Together, Mesaba, Pinnacle, Skywest and Comair will begin new journeys with route structure and the integration of current routes. The only question is: What will the new airline of the century be named? YPF?

any rumors on new bases?

it makes me sick how all these skywest pukes are on here drooling over flying that should be going to Mesaba or Pinnacle. You guys are scumb and if this supposed merger goes through I hope Skywest is out.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back