Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Could ASA crew scheduling be bigger morons?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just log onto to the ASA live internet feed and see how these decisions are made.

Here's a picture I saved while I watched some Crew Schedulers work some of the 45 cancellations this morning.

Live ASA Feed From Scheduling Department

Anything bigger than a handful and you're risking a sprained tounge...

He wants the knee-shooters, give him the knee shooters...

Ditto...

Sked has to wait to find out from dispatch just what exactly is going to happen with that crew before you start getting phone calls from Shaniqua. Last I checked, sked doesn't make operational decisions.

First, the decision to cancel the bank of flights has to be made. The very next thing is to decide what to do with aircraft and crew. Are they going to repo you?...or let you sleep in at the hotel, waiting it out 'til the WX is better? Then, in the case of repo flights, those flights have to be built into multiple systems, block times estimated. and a whole multitude of other things ironed out before sked amends your schedule. Then sked has to figure out all the possible duty time repercussions of the new line.

There are a million factors that could come into play and delay or slow this process. It's not always convenient and it's not always timely. It's not always sked's fault. And, contrary to what your pilot ego sometimes whispers in your ear, it's also not always about you. :D

Relax, John...things could be alot worse. Hope you got to sleep in this morning.

You have a point. It's just frustrating knowing your flight is cancelled, but you still have to wake up at 0430 to "officially" find out. The least they could have done was "notify" me of the cancellation, as I certainly wouldn't be flying out that early. As it turned out, they modified the pairing at about 0030 and I called them. But it shouldn't be like pulling teeth to get told the flight is cancelled and stay in bed in the morning.

They canceled (only one L by the way) 50 flights.

So we have wizards on this board who just BUTCHER:

your and you're

there, their and they're

etc. (what the hell is ect.?)

words that end in "s" with an apostrophe...

and you're on this guy for misspelling a word with two common spellings (or is it spelings?)?

Let me go ahead and apologize to you for the approach I flew today 1 knot too fast.

Lighten up, mate.

So we have wizards on this board who just BUTCHER:

your and you're

there, their and they're

etc. (what the hell is ect.?)

words that end in "s" with an apostrophe...

and you're on this guy for misspelling a word with two common spellings (or is it spelings?)?

Let me go ahead and apologize to you for the approach I flew today 1 knot too fast.

Lighten up, mate.

It's to be expected. When a fools like Tool Crib get online, they resort to petty personal attacks and spelling/grammar critiques as an attempt to embarrass the person, hoping to undermine their credibility. This because they know they can't out debate their foe with words that are outside the realm of their tiny minds, so it's the only way they think they can win. I can't help it if he attended public school in the South. Just watch, chuckle and think about why they lost the war.

Acronym Help?

I call CS and they say "uh, we don't really have anything put together yet, so maybe in a half hour". WTFO?!!!

What does the 'O' mean in "WTFO"? I was under the impression that WTF meant "What the Fudge", but I can't figure out what the 'O' means.:confused:

What does the 'O' mean in "WTFO"? I was under the impression that WTF meant "What the Fudge", but I can't figure out what the 'O' means.:confused:

O = over...

It's pilot speak for ending the WTF part...

It's to be expected. When a fools like Tool Crib get online, they resort to petty personal attacks and spelling/grammar critiques as an attempt to embarrass the person, hoping to undermine their credibility. This because they know they can't out debate their foe with words that are outside the realm of their tiny minds, so it's the only way they think they can win. I can't help it if he attended public school in the South. Just watch, chuckle and think about why they lost the war.

Haha, I believe I won the last "debate" we got into. In fact I don't even think you responded.

Looks like I hooked a big one!

O = over...

It's pilot speak for ending the WTF part...

Oh yeah, that makes sense, because sometimes when I get to the end of a post I don't know if I should respond or not. If everyone put 'over' at the end of their posts it would end a lot of confusion.:D

*over*

You have a point. It's just frustrating knowing your flight is cancelled, but you still have to wake up at 0430 to "officially" find out. The least they could have done was "notify" me of the cancellation, as I certainly wouldn't be flying out that early. As it turned out, they modified the pairing at about 0030 and I called them. But it shouldn't be like pulling teeth to get told the flight is cancelled and stay in bed in the morning.

Maybe:
If crew sched disturbs your legal beauty rest, crews can then say "what are you going to have me do now", when told, they can then say, "oh, by the way, I need my full 8 or 9 hrs of uninterupted rest. Call me later. Click.
Whatever- this thread is boring......

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back