Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Could ASA crew scheduling be bigger morons?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dudes!!!

IROPS have always sucked butt and they always will. Ain't worth getting this bent about.

Chill out and enjoy the free day off when you don't get informed. We used to call it LOA 27. I don't know the new and improved contract number.

Chill out and listen to some of that music you guys are always quoting and getting all gay about.

Dudes!!!

IROPS have always sucked butt and they always will. Ain't worth getting this bent about.

Chill out and enjoy the free day off when you don't get informed. We used to call it LOA 27. I don't know the new and improved contract number.

Chill out and listen to some of that music you guys are always quoting and getting all gay about.

Yes, but are IROPS supposed to happen every week?

At least when Northwest takes over, we'll have an airline that doesn't panic over an inch of show running things!

I'm wasting my time here I can see....go ahead and get all bent.

And Oh yeah!!!

Things will get so much better when Delta merges with Northwest.

Those guys are so known to run a tight ship!!! I hear they treat their employees and regional partners like one big happy freaki'n family.

Whippity skip-me-up-my-poopper Dooooooo!!!

You may possibly be a bigger moron than scheduling. Thanks for correcting my spelling, dork. And anybody who doesn't already know who I am is dumber than you.

Now, 30 WHOLE CREWS! Whew! That'll probably take them 8 hours to figure out! Whatever will they do?!!!

Try a better comeback next time, loser.

Sorry to say, I tend to agree with Tool Crib on this one. You know the saying...walk a mile in another man's shoes....

Sorry to say, I tend to agree with Tool Crib on this one. You know the saying...walk a mile in another man's shoes....
Ditto...

Sked has to wait to find out from dispatch just what exactly is going to happen with that crew before you start getting phone calls from Shaniqua. Last I checked, sked doesn't make operational decisions.

First, the decision to cancel the bank of flights has to be made. The very next thing is to decide what to do with aircraft and crew. Are they going to repo you?...or let you sleep in at the hotel, waiting it out 'til the WX is better? Then, in the case of repo flights, those flights have to be built into multiple systems, block times estimated. and a whole multitude of other things ironed out before sked amends your schedule. Then sked has to figure out all the possible duty time repercussions of the new line.

There are a million factors that could come into play and delay or slow this process. It's not always convenient and it's not always timely. It's not always sked's fault. And, contrary to what your pilot ego sometimes whispers in your ear, it's also not always about you. :D

Relax, John...things could be alot worse. Hope you got to sleep in this morning.

Last edited:
Ditto...

Sked has to wait to find out from dispatch just what exactly is going to happen with that crew before you start getting phone calls from Shaniqua. Last I checked, sked doesn't make operational decisions.

First, the decision to cancel the bank of flights has to be made. The very next thing is to decide what to do with aircraft and crew. Are they going to repo you?...or let you sleep in at the hotel, waiting it out 'til the WX is better? Then, in the case of repo flights, those flights have to be built into multiple systems, block times estimated. and a whole multitude of other things ironed out before sked amends your schedule. Then sked has to figure out all the possible duty time repercussions of the new line.

There are a million factors that could come into play and delay or slow this process. It's not always convenient and it's not always timely. It's not always sked's fault. And, contrary to what your pilot ego sometimes whispers in your ear, it's also not always about you. :D

Relax, John...things could be alot worse. Hope you got to sleep in this morning.

He will be too busy trying to catch the Generals post count to sleep....

John, chill out.... What you going to complain agaist next? Maybe your right hand isnt performing up to standards? Do what PBR does. Use the left!

Latest resources

Back