Costco kirkland rollaboard

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Benjamin Dover

Anyway buy the Costco bag lately? I read some reviews from 2011 saying they changed the bag and not for the better. Too long to fit straight in in the overhead and some other issues. Any updates to the bag lately?

The bag is ok for certain types of aircraft bins. the 737/300and 500 bins are too short and also some of the bins in the front an aircraft are not as deep as the ones in the middle. It is still a good bag and Costco will replace it free of charge within 1 year if anything fails, or just bring it back and get a new one, it works for us

I haven't seen them on the shelves in a while. I'm worried I may have to substitute in a LW when the Costco goes.

Was looking for one last week. None available in the store and showed unavailable online. Think it was probably discontinued.

Just got a new one last week. works fine. fits in overhead of 320 and 757. it seems longer and not as deep as previous model.

I'm a huge fan of the Costco bags. I have the old model Kirkland bag, and it is by far the best bag I've ever used or seen. It has tons of well placed pockets, is of great build quality, and has excellent, hardy zippers. It reminds me a lot of a TUMI bag. In fact, I thought it was made by TUMI because it has almost identical styling. I don't use it for work because I have doubts about it fitting into a CRJ overhead bin. It's my vacation bag.

That said, I was at Costco last week and saw plenty of the new ones there. Don't they still have a lifetime guarantee like everything else at Costco?

Anyhow, if it does turn out that the new one is too long to fit longways into an overhead, consider finding a barely used previous model on ebay. It really is a great bag for the money.

Last edited:
Costgo bags are great. You can take it back at any time for any reason and they give you a full refund. I am on my second one. First one a wheel went bad after a few years, still had my receipt as it was used for taxes so they refunded my money and got a new one. Bag itself (Kirkland) works great.

Is that the bag that weighs a ton? Just flew with a guy who said he was pretty over his because it weighed so much. Was bummed he spent so much money on a bag and it felt like was hauling bricks around.

Yeah drop a PNS on your toe and see how that feels. Too heavy for me, plus with steel corners that are second only to the 737 cockpit for OJI potential.

Latest resources

Back