• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cost to paint an airbus?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would guess, and I think I have heard this number before, around $75,000 as long as it isn't too complicated a paint job.

Probably even cheaper if they don't have to repaint the tail. The biggest cost in painting is the stripping and the flight control balancing. By painting the fuselage only, they are saving quite a bit of $$.

The Cactus aircraft will no doubt get painted in South America as they come up for their heavy mex checks.

Last edited:
halfmoon said:
Anyone know? aprox cost to paint an a319/20?

I just happen to have a bunch of East Tennessee hillbillies painting my house right now so I printed a picture of a A320 and took it out to the head hillbilly to ask him "how much to paint it?". They were in the middle of a Mountain Dew and beef jerky break so they looked at the picture and the head hillbilly said, through his 3 teeth, "we can paint that sucker for $3700 if you provide the paint". They are doing an excellent job on my house so if you need his phone number to get your A319/20 painted just PM me. Oh, by the way, he did say that he can get a good deal on Sears best paint and the price would be $4537.54 if he supplies the paint:D

JethroF15 said:
I just happen to have a bunch of East Tennessee hillbillies painting my house right now so I printed a picture of a A320 and took it out to the head hillbilly to ask him "how much to paint it?". They were in the middle of a Mountain Dew and beef jerky break so they looked at the picture and the head hillbilly said, through his 3 teeth, "we can paint that sucker for $3700 if you provide the paint". They are doing an excellent job on my house so if you need his phone number to get your A319/20 painted just PM me. Oh, by the way, he did say that he can get a good deal on Sears best paint and the price would be $4537.54 if he supplies the paint:D

Steenland already has them lined-up.

Depends on how you look at cost.

Flying A/C to paint shop and back 10,000
Crew on standby for a couple of days to pick up late 2,000
Cost of A/C being down for 2 weeks ( lease ) 75,000
Cost of Mx personel, RVSM recert and QA 20,000
Actual paint job 75,000

Just a few things hidden in the process, Actual cost presented in a board meeting of a leasing company done the cheapest way possible was 250,000

crashpad said:
Using decals on the tail is pure genius!

If they are anything like the decals I remember from making airplane models as a kid, they must be one huge pain in the ass. And one big bowl of warm water.

Latest resources

Back