• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cost Index Program at ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It works well, saves the company money, and has the potential to make me more money with overblock (as long as we still make A-14).

I see no reason to not use it. It takes an extra minute to fill out the ACARS screen and then the rest is automated.

Thanks for the feedback!

It works well, saves the company money, and has the potential to make me more money with overblock (as long as we still make A-14).

I see no reason to not use it. It takes an extra minute to fill out the ACARS screen and then the rest is automated.

When did the company start paying for gas?

You're right. We should burn as much as possible since we don't pay for it! Delta won't notice...

I always just tell the fueler to "fill'er up!". We're usually weight restricted to around 15 peeps, but hey, that just means more free peanuts for me!

And ever since I've been bringing home thousands of insanely large bottles of spring water, the woman just refuses to bathe in, quote, "that nasty tap water".

Thanks for not noticing, Delta!

How's that for sarcasm?

Last edited:
Cost index is computing the most efficient way to fly the airplane, not necessarily the most fuel-efficient.

The ramp is what it is. You get what you pay for. D blows and always will. Sometimes their good and sometimes they bad. I absolutely love it when they saunter out from "ramper hq" to marshal us in at a less than anaerobic pace. However when we park on the "big boy ramp" we never wait. Ground power is usually hooked up lickety split. Ground air isn't because their hose is too short. Some rampers are great; what happened to the guy that wore the mirror sunglasses that actually knew how to marshall and even did it with a little style? Minimum wage equals minimum effort.

Ok. Good point. Why the difference between A/B and C/D/E??? It's the same employee group right??? They are all Delta rampers! But yet they cant work the same on all concourses! It is rediculous!

Cost index is computing the most efficient way to fly the airplane, not necessarily the most fuel-efficient.

Best definition I ever heard.

Watch the CI change over the next year as oil shoots back up!!

Latest resources

Back