Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CFIT

Gimme your money
SkyWest Airlines is thinking of adopting the CI Program already in use at ASA. I talked with an ASA crew last in OKC and they said it was a total joke and doesn't work, they were a 200 crew.

I'm curious, is that the general feeling for the Cost Index performance and is it the same when used on the 700 as well?

TIA

Most captains I fly with use it as if we're on time. Not supposed to use it when running behind schedule, either, which is often the case.

I'll set it up as a reference, but if we're running behind, the CI goes out the door (usually the case). Most of our problems as far as delays lately have been the lazy ramp in Atlanta. Is lazy the right word? Lazy as f**k. That feels better.

WHY can't we fire these people? Is there any reason it takes 10 minutes for 5 rampers to "huddle" before they crawl over to the airplane at ultra-snail speed to marshall us in with wands that are not lit up?

I'm on the 200 btw.

Last edited:
Works great, would save millions if everyone used it. As mentioned above why would anyone slow down if your running late.

I use it unless we're late like everyone else says-you gotta use your head. Seems to work, and I've noticed the numbers have gone up since we started. Used to be CI of 11 or 15 and now it's usually in the 20's. Is that because fuel prices have fallen or what?

I use it all of the time unless I am running behind.

A-14 comes before CI. Our contract is based on performance, and thus if an A-14 is in jeopardy, I run as fast as possible. Delta pays us based on ontime performance, not how much fuel we save them.

If you can get a D-0, then running per the CI should equate into an ontime arrival either way.

The OKC crew you spoke to was mistaken in my opinion.

If you want to see it work in reverse, run as fast as possible into ATL on a clear day (no hold fuel or extra) and recieve holding instructions while they turn the airport around. :eek:

Latest resources

Back