• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cost Index Program at ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CI. Well it does save gas when you pull the power back with a tail wind but according to the FMS the the difference between .68 and .76 is minimal when it comes to arrival times especially in Atlanta. I mean maybe a minute or two?

I have no idea why the rampers suck so bad on D. It is ridiculous. Mr. Holt needs to jump seat sometime to see what does on so maybe he can directly relay it to the Mighty D.

When does the new lounge open?

Those CI work well with auto throttles.
They will assign an overall profile to each number. Here at DAL we generally ditch them in the descent unless we are going somewhere with little to no traffic.

At comair we fly around at .65 freaking everywhere. .70 ish into a headwind. Saves mommy D a ton of money in fuel though. Usually see burns right around 1100 a side. Had 900 a side at .63 earlier today in a light plane up at 340. Versus balls to the walls of about 1300-1500 a side looks like we saved over 1000 pounds in the hour of cruise we had.

Cost index is just the ratio of time induced costs over fuel induced costs. The company will put their desired CI on the release. Once you takeoff, you have 3 scenarios.
1) Your box has the release CI and your on time in the box show the desired on time. Keep the CI.
2) Your box show you behind schedule with the release CI in. Bump up CI to achieve ontime or closer to ontime, respecting min fuel reqs.
3) Your box shows you ahead of schedule with the release CI in. You should not lower CI to lengthen the flight time, for this would cost more to operate flight.

Fly OPT ALT and ECON speeds.

Keep in mind, this assumes a many things.
A) Company has accurately calculated time related costs and keeps a good handle on desired CI's based on stage length, fuel costs.
B) You are not in contract negotiations
C) You have a gate if you arrive 20 early. If you don't, you just negated all the savings of scenario 3 above. Hope this helps.

At comair we fly around at .65 freaking everywhere. .70 ish into a headwind. Saves mommy D a ton of money in fuel though. Usually see burns right around 1100 a side. Had 900 a side at .63 earlier today in a light plane up at 340. Versus balls to the walls of about 1300-1500 a side looks like we saved over 1000 pounds in the hour of cruise we had.

Does Comair pay for the gas, or does Daddy DL? I've flown with Cap's who swear they were paying for it out of their profit checks.

Does Comair pay for the gas, or does Daddy DL? I've flown with Cap's who swear they were paying for it out of their profit checks.

in this case does it really matter? Thats like asking if the gas in your sons car came from your wallet or the the allowance you gave him. Still coming from your wallet.

But... Delta pays for our gas as well as all of the contracted carriers. But... I hear that is changing soon.

Fuel is one of the many things that is a direct pass through costs.
The profit sharing at a regional is a joke. With FFD all you need to do is make sure the flight operates, and your airline gets their 7-12% margin from Momma Delta. How you fly it does not come in to play per say. Now when it comes to year five in your contract it will help with your overall costs, but that is about it.

in this case does it really matter? Thats like asking if the gas in your sons car came from your wallet or the the allowance you gave him. Still coming from your wallet.

But... Delta pays for our gas as well as all of the contracted carriers. But... I hear that is changing soon.

Kinda like asking if you are a nerd because you went to Riddle (and you actually are proud enough of that to call yourself "RiddleEagle 18") Or if were transfromed into a robo-nerd as a consequence of attending.

-Things that make you say "hmmm."

CI. Well it does save gas when you pull the power back with a tail wind but according to the FMS the the difference between .68 and .76 is minimal when it comes to arrival times especially in Atlanta. I mean maybe a minute or two?

I have no idea why the rampers suck so bad on D. It is ridiculous. Mr. Holt needs to jump seat sometime to see what does on so maybe he can directly relay it to the Mighty D.

When does the new lounge open?

New Lounge opens April 15th according to Lisa W.

Trojan

So forgive me, it has been a while since I flew the the CRJ and that was on the 200. But I seem to rememeber that segment burns went up if you slowed under .70. i thought .72 was a good target for econ speed. what do you guys use now? And doesn't the CRJ almost fall out of the sky at .63 @FL340?

Latest resources

Back