Corporate Vs. Charter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sydeseet said:
Now that we've made his decision for him I'd say it's time to hijack the thread! Speaking of liberal expense accounts, who here holds the record for most expensive dinner for two, booze included?

JC

Signed,

New member of the liberal expense account club.

my personal best for 2 was about $600. Europe in the summer.....now...I cant recall how much of that was food (about 100) and how much was booze (the rest)....but it certainly did draw attention and took a little explaining.

lesson learned - dont be an idiot. someone always notices. I really didnt get far when I claimed it was "team building" and "good for morale"

was it worth it? F'n A right! what a fun night!

Last edited:
How about $2200 for two people. I think that was my record, but it was also a special event dinner that was raising money for a charity. Even so, some of the best food I've ever eaten and never paid for...

Other than that, I had a meal recently that worked out to be about $450/person with food + beverages...

Gulfstream 200 said:
lesson learned - dont be an idiot. someone always notices. I really didnt get far when I claimed it was "team building" and "good for morale"

Here's a trick I learned from a previous position... I was junior guy in the department. My boss had to approve my expense accounts, but the paper chain stopped there. If my boss paid for dinner, corporate accounting had to approve his expense accounts.

We traveled together frequently. The rule, I paid, he reimbursed, corporate never saw the receipts...

I'm a bit more prudent now a days. I figure I can eat well and keep the tabs under $50/day/person, and not cause any heads to turn... after all, I report to the guys that either entertain clients or make the big $$$ themselves.

Flyerjosh said:
Here's a trick I learned from a previous position... I was junior guy in the department. My boss had to approve my expense accounts, but the paper chain stopped there. If my boss paid for dinner, corporate accounting had to approve his expense accounts.

We traveled together frequently. The rule, I paid, he reimbursed, corporate never saw the receipts...

Good to see that old trick is alive and well...;) Not that I would know anything about that...

Flyerjosh said:

I'm a bit more prudent now a days. I figure I can eat well and keep the tabs under $50/day/person, and not cause any heads to turn... after all, I report to the guys that either entertain clients or make the big $$$ themselves.

Lucky you!

My paper trail goes on for 4 states and many audits!

$50/day per person? geesh man, I take it you fly domestic and eat the Holiday Inn breakfast buffet and TGI Fridays.....

:0

Qol

SoundBarViolatr said:
Hey folks, just wanted to see if I could pick your brains on a probable decision:

For the past year I have been working as an F/O for a charter company flying various jets and my primary A/C; the G2/3 of which I am typed on. I love the jet, the type of missions as well as the fact that we fly with FAs. I've seen your posts on how all 135 companies are just money hungry crooks and don't care much for the pilots and after being exposed in all levels of the operation, I'd have to say that this outfit is no exception. I've turned down offers on P91 outfits to fly smaller jets for bigger pay because of a sense of loyalty for the company. From time to time, I have regretted those decisions. Now it has come around once again and I have been offered to fly a P91 Citation Ultra/Excel for more $ and 15 minutes away from home, compared to the one day commute I have to drive to and from my current job and stay at a crashpad. The P91 company is very stable and is a multi billion dollar operation looking to add a Falcon50 to the fleet in the next year. The flights are m-f with weekends and holidays off compared to 2 weeks on, 5 days off with the present company. The decision is a bit blurry for me because I love the Gucci jet I'm assigned to. I am at the top of the seniority list and will be the next one due to upgrade to a G4 with type when the time comes in the next year or two. I would love to find a contract position to keep my Gulfstream habit fed during the weekends while I fly Citations on the weekdays but I do not know how feasable that would be for a prospective contract employer..I know for a fact my current employer will probably burn my bridge if I make the transition. So my question to you, friends, is what would YOU do if this was your career?

Take the PT.91 job,you are better off .

Dude run like hell and take the part 91 job if.........

is the best for your future

there is no job security anymore, any company will do whats best for them selfs and at your loss

take the job that will fit your best interest

and good luck

h25b said:

ahhh yeah...I have seen that.

Packing little coolers with peanut butter sandwiches for 4 days to save the 6$ on perdiem....filling up thier flight bags from the best western breakfast buffet...etc..good god shoot me.

Dear Boss: I promise I wont complain anymore.

Latest resources

Back