• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Corporate Pilots-Hours per year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We do about 270 hours per year in the company Citation. This is all Part 91, but does not include time in my personal aircraft. When comparing this to airline or fractional flying it is less time flying, but at smaller flight departments you have other duties. Lots of paperwork with flying a jet.
All the Cescom logs and maintenance reports, tracking maintenance, keeping everything clean, scheduling hotel rooms and rental cars,etc.
In most small flight departments you manage the companies largest asset so you do much more than just fly the plane.

HEADWIND
_|_
----0-(_)-0----

I flew 540 hours last year (I was about the high guy in our department)...

Haven't looked at this year so far, but we are VERY busy with lots of INternational stuff... I think I will be very close to 540 and won't be surprised if I exceed it...

Averaging about 15 days a month off... last month or two we have been a little short handed, so that has dropped to about 12 days off... but November and December will make up for that... Those 2 months should average about 20 days off each month.

I flew corp. for 3 years in a part 91 dept. Citation II, Pressurized PA-31, B-206, AS-350. I flew somewhere between 400 and 500 hours each year...................

Cheers!

Iceberg

About 450-500 hours all part 91. 80% RON, 20% day trips

You guys are making me jealous. We do less than 200 hours a year ... Part 91 only, King Air 200. We are a corporate operator, not a "pleasure barge" for a wealthy individual. Maybe two RONs a month on average.

If I had my way, I'd be doing 500 or so a year ... but I'm also single, which makes a big difference.

Russ

Thanks for the replies. Our turbo-prop and two-man flight department has been doing about 400 hours/year so it seems like it fits in right with the average. Also, we are doing about 15-20 days off and 5 RONs per month. I hope one day the "less is more" mind-set will actually be a reality but no where close right now. Thanks again.

Falcon Capt said:
We are too, 99.5% of our flying is business related.

I wasn't attempting to imply that anyone else was doing the "pleasure barge" gig ... just that those jobs usually involve less annual flying time than corporate work, and when I tell people who don't know who I work for (an NYSE listed multinational corporation) that we do only 180-200 a year, they immediately assume we fly Richie Rich to Nassau and back and not much else.

On the flip side, the two-trips-a-month schedule means plenty of time to prowl Flightinfo!

Of course, by the time I have the quals to fly the 900EX it'll be 2042, so there's the downside as well.

I wasn't attempting to imply that anyone else was doing the "pleasure barge" gig

Who cares if it is...as long as their money is green and their planes are safe I don't care what they want to do with the plane.

I am just a taxi driver...

Latest resources

Back