Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

billy2331

Hello.

I am new to corporate flying and flying professionally in general. My question for those of you who have been doing this awhile is what is an average for corporate pilots in hours per year flying. I know there are variables depending on the aircraft and how many pilots for each plane but in general for flying Part 91 corporate jobs what is considered average time per year for the plane and an individual pilot and what are the low and high ends. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

In my situation, 200 hours per year, strictly part 91, seems to be average. This is in a Citationjet.

Adding charter, I do a total (between 91 and 135) of 300 hours a year. My last CJ job was 400 hours a year.

I was recently offered a strictly part 91 job that would have entailed about 100 hours a year. But it would have involved a lot of sitting on the beach in Mexico...how do I log that time?

Last year, I flew about 470 hours, all in Part 91 operations and flying two different aircraft types. Also during that time, I completed a 21 day aircraft initial.

This year, I've flown about 330 hours to date, and I will probably end the year a little less than 400 hours..........about a 15% drop in flying over last.

Days worked, last year verses this year: about 15 per month last.......12 this year.

Just got hired on at my department a few months back but all the other pilots seem to average around 500 hours per year. We only do Part 91.

I'm in the less is more category! I don't want any more hours; every hour I spend in an airplane is one more hour that I'm away from home and family!

I just want to fly enough hours to justify the aviation department. Cost analysis wise, anything over 80 flight hours a year would be justifiable. Yet, somehow I'm still flying about 500 hours a year!

Yes, we are a very efficient operation, that does things right

English said:
I was recently offered a strictly part 91 job that would have entailed about 100 hours a year. But it would have involved a lot of sitting on the beach in Mexico...how do I log that time?

Ah, that's my favorite kind of flying. I would love to add some hours to my PF12 type rating (Pacifico 12 ounce)!

300-350 seems like the average.

I could stand maybe doing 500, but watching what I wish for...........

Part 91, 500 hrs. so far since Feb. We'll probably end up with a little over 600 in Dec.

500-600 (91)

Seems to me like the averages have crept up last couple of years.

I have worked for two different corporate operators that show the extremes. One was an operator that flew 64 hours for the year. Pay was on the low side, but he didn't mind (in fact he want) us flying for others on the side and treated us very, very well.

The other extreme was just over 900 hours a year. Pay was reasonable and were treated like a member of the corporate family, not like the redheaded child.

Average really depends on the operator and how he uses the aircraft and their area of operation. The royal barges tend to fly less than the corporate airline. And international operations also tend to fly more.

Latest resources

Back