Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

avpro91

Flight Crew opportunities:

CFM is presently accepting applications for the following flight crew positions.

LearJet PIC: These positions will be based in Smyrna, TN and crew Lear Jet 35As for unscheduled, on-demand charter flight. Extra qualifications to apply for these position are as follows:

• Applicants should have a LearJet type rating.
  • Applicants should have more than 100 hours PIC in LearJets
  • Previous 135 / 121 experience required.
LearJet SIC: These positions will be based in Smyrna, TN and crew Lear Jet 35As for unscheduled, on-demand charter flight. Extra qualifications to apply for these position are as follows:
  • Applicants should have previous jet experience.
  • Applicants should have pervious 135 experience.
Jetstream PIC: These positions will be based in Smyrna, TN and crew British Aerospace Jetstream 31/32 aircraft for unscheduled, on-demand charter flight. Minimums to apply for these positions are standard CFM PIC minimums. Extra qualifications to apply for these position are as follows:
  • Previous Jetstream (or comparable aircraft ex: Beech 1900 / Metro III / IV) experience is required.
  • Type rated applicants preferred.
  • Previous 135 / 121 experience required.
Jetstream SIC: These positions will be based in Smyrna, TN and crew British Aerospace Jetstream 31/32 aircraft for unscheduled, on-demand charter flight. Minimums to apply for these positions are 1000 total time with 250 multi-engine.

Jetstream SIC: This position will be based in Millville, NJ and crew a British Aerospace Jetstream 32 for scheduled and unscheduled, on-demand charter flight. Minimums to apply for this position are standard CFM SIC minimums. Previous Jetstream experience is a plus. Previous 135 experience is a plus.

If anybody needs info PM me. Group interviews end of Jan, fax resumes to 615-220-1769 attn: chief pilot

Hey avpro....how many people are they looking to hire????

Last I heard was about 10 or so overall. We are trying to get enough pilots to form some sort of schedule with hard days off. I'll believe it when i see it, but that is the direction they are going. Primarily we are really in need if Jetstream captains right now. But they are also looking for a few Lear 35 Captains and maybe a Citation 2 captain in a few months..hope this helps.

cfm

Can you give us an idea of schedule and pay for both the Jetstream and the Lear as it stands now.

Thanks

Schedule for the jetstream and lear right now are both on call 6a-6p m-f...will occasional on call being assigned to one of the weekend days. Not too bad actually. Jetstream and lear fo pay starts out at 25,000 and jetstream acpt at 39000 and lear capt pay starts out at about 45000 i think right now. Hope this helps.

That all depends on whether your on the Jetstream of the Lear. As a jetstream and king air captain last year i flew 950 hours. But we had a corporate shuttle that accounted for about 70 hours a month that we dont have anymore. So I'd say realistically now your looking at 50- 60 at the most or so hours a month, but that all could change depending on business.

Hey Avpro, I have an interview this weekend...can you give me some info on what to expect for the interview? I really want to nail it, I am actually excited about working there. Seems like a good company, chief pilot seemed very nice.Anyway, if you could give me some help I would be very thankful.

Cfm

As far as the interview goes, just be yourself and be honest. I had a generic sim ride on my interview a year ago but they haven't been giving them recently. Know the systems on the plane you are currently or most recently flew. By the way, what position are you interviewing for? The Lear or the JS?

Last edited:
hmm

flychick45 said:
I work at CFM, too. As far as the interview goes, just be yourself and be honest. I had a generic sim ride on my interview a year ago but they haven't been giving them recently. Know the systems on the plane you are currently or most recently flew. The chief pilot is big on systems.Other than that, the interview was easy for me. Good luck and look forward to seeing you there. By the way, what position are you interviewing for? The Lear or the JS?

Hmmm, I'm not really sure....he told me that I had enough flight time to apply for both positions. I'm guessing for the lear since I have more than the flight time required. Wish me luck....

Latest resources

Back