• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Corporate Ethics in the Fortune 50 Departments

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, my sentiments exactly. I was just happy to get my foot in the door to be honest, but when it was down to the 2 of us and I have several thousand hours of International PIC and I lose out on a job to someone my age with zero PIC but a GV type......it just surprised me. Who knows what the situation was. Maybe the conversation wasnt as "sterling" as I thought. LOL. Like wolfpack said above, there will be other opportunites. I appreciate everyones insight and direction--Corp

Yeah, my sentiments exactly. I was just happy to get my foot in the door to be honest, but when it was down to the 2 of us and I have several thousand hours of International PIC and I lose out on a job to someone my age with zero PIC but a GV type......it just surprised me. Who knows what the situation was. Maybe the conversation wasnt as "sterling" as I thought. LOL. Like wolfpack said above, there will be other opportunites. I appreciate everyones insight and direction--Corp

You were probably overqualified. Most Fortune companies have plenty of senior intl PIC's and they don't need another one off the street. They may have been looking for an SIC that they could upgrade to intl PIC in 1-3 years. Maybe they felt your ego couldn't handle being an SIC for that long.

32yrs old. 4500TT/2500PIC. Zero 121 time, all 91/135. I think my achilles heel is that I have only flown light/midsize catagory aircraft. For my sake, I hope i'm not overqualified. And my ego has been so compressed after flying lears and citations for so long it'll have plenty of time to grow into the 550:)

32yrs old. 4500TT/2500PIC. Zero 121 time, all 91/135. I think my achilles heel is that I have only flown light/midsize catagory aircraft. For my sake, I hope i'm not overqualified. And my ego has been so compressed after flying lears and citations for so long it'll have plenty of time to grow into the 550:)

if the other guy is typed and has 200 or more in type with a bunch of oceanic crossings and then on to BFE and this said operation does that type of flying routinely i would say he was more qualified, even with 2000 total. either way life isn't fair, and my opinion doesn't really help you. best of luck!

"thousands" of hours International time flying lears and citations????

:)

Last edited:
It is difficult to say without knowing greater specifics but it can often come down to seemingly unimportant factors and how well you come accross in the interview; often very subjective.

LOL. You'd be surprised how far you can go in a Lr45. Esp when your boss has a girl in 90% of the countries in South America. I don't blame him for that though, if the wife would give me a hall pass that's where i'd go:) Little over a thousand throughout Central and South America. You right though....the oceanic crossings i'm sure weigh heavily. This company spends quite a bit of time in West Africa.

It is difficult to say without knowing greater specifics but it can often come down to seemingly unimportant factors and how well you come accross in the interview; often very subjective.
Yup. If you've got 'thousands of hours of international PIC' at 32, you'll be fine. Patience, grasshopper.

...if the wife would give me a hall pass that's where i'd go:) Little over a thousand throughout Central and South America.
I hope you mentioned that during the interview.
For my sake, I hope i'm not overqualified.
and that.
When I'm interviewing I love to hear that kind of talk from a 30-something.:D

Latest resources

Back