• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Corporate CYA checklists

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First and foremost, if you're going to do ANY international flying excluding Canada, hire a handler. Even a friendly neighbor like Mexico requires someone to lube the, well you know..... Universal, Jeppesen, Air Routing to name a few.

Additionally, join NBAA and spend some quality time reading through the endless material they have available regarding best practices, checklist, SOP's, etc....

Can you give us the details of your gig? Equipment, expected destinations, etc.....

From the useless but funny post bin:

fly a four engine heavy left seat

Never seen one of those...

is it like a JetStar with no windshield?

does it come in red leather?

how does it compare performance wise to the two engine light left seat?

Hey TxGold,

Don't worry I bring plenty of experience to the table. I've had the oppurtunity to fly a four engine heavy left seat through every continent for several years.

And tell me, Mr. Heavy Driver, what experience can you bring to the corporate environment by flying a DC-8 around the planet? How many bags have you thrown? How many catering presentations have you put together? How many owners/clients have you had to cater to? Airline passengers don't count; if you've had to deal with them, that is.

I hate to tell you stud, but having heavy international time around the planet doesn't mean sh!t in the corporate world. Get over yourself.

Fill us in on the details ! Hopefully, you'll have an experienced guy (or girl) in the other seat. Can't beat a F/O who knows the people (unless he likes that kinda thing...) and their quirks.
Otherwise :
Plane: clean
Ice : fresh
Water : cold
Coffee : hot
Donuts : fresh & plentiful
Watch : 2 hrs early (this prevents finding a tire with cord showing at T-30
minutes...)

Good luck in the new venture !

I'm glad I made you laugh next time just look in your pants if you want a laugh.[/quote]

Now that's funny Greasy! I am currently 121 cargo, but have been 91/135 too. Just imagine doing what you have been doing, but add in a lot of ass kissing and extra rediculous bs.

-All normal flying BS
-Arranging hotel & transportation (always nice to be doing an approach in IMC and coordinating the other BS on the ground!)
-Catering on board / corect brand of liquor and soft drinks
-Ass kissing
-Fresh donuts and the specificly requested newspaper
-Ass kissing
-Pax are never on time- waited 13 hours once
-Driver, are we there yet?
-Oh, and be careful with that bag- boy!

Just kidding, it wasn't too bad overall. PM me if I can help, and congrats? I am interviewing to go back to corp in Jan as well.

And tell me, Mr. Heavy Driver, what experience can you bring to the corporate environment by flying a DC-8 around the planet? How many bags have you thrown? How many catering presentations have you put together? How many owners/clients have you had to cater to? Airline passengers don't count; if you've had to deal with them, that is.

I hate to tell you stud, but having heavy international time around the planet doesn't mean sh!t in the corporate world. Get over yourself.

My, my, my! Is someone jealous of the heavy-driver; a little DC-8 envy? Why don't you try being helpful instead of an ass? That is the attitude that screws other pilots and aids management's agenda.

Now go play nice with the other kids before you're sent to your room!!!

Apparently its much harder to throw bags and call catering than to fly international into places you've never heard of.

Latest resources

Back