• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Corporate CYA checklists

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Apparently FFF original post contained a different #6. That said......

"Quit calling me "Captain". I left the service as a Major, and I prefer "Sir".

I guess since his data says he all civilian time he decided this particular smarta$$ remark had to be edited to reflect his background. The rest of his post speaks for itself.

Greasy, sorry you had to wade through this horse manure to get a couple of straight answers. You can rest in the knowledge that you'll never have to fly with a punka$$ like him. Merry Christmas and good luck.

If you will go back and read fly's first comment you will notice that he was making a joke about the wording used. "four engine left seat".

You also make incorrect assumptions about his background.

[QUOTEI guess since his data says he all civilian time he decided this particular smarta$$ remark had to be edited to reflect his background. The rest of his post speaks for itself.][/quote]

No I edited it because it sounded arrogant. It is factually correct. I did not fly in the military. As for all the expletives thrown my way, I guess I hit a nerve with more than a few of you. You may want to look at what has you so upset.

I had tossed out a joke earlier in this post and greasy responded with a challenge. Having trained more than a few 121 guys into corporate, I have seen the remarks 8 has about his experience up close. I have certainly interpolated on 8s personality, but his heavy reliance on informing of his past experience to garner respect is indicative of a fragile ego.

Though my check list may be harsh, items 1, 4, 5, 7 and the closing are right on the mark.

I will go on to say that the tone and nature of the original question of a "CYA Checklist" in and of itself is an interesting phrasing and in my opinion sheds light on 8s way of operating.

You guys have fun.

Out...

Last edited:
Hey Greasy8,
I think I may have something for you. I had my manuals written by GLN compliance group and they have a section on checklists for various trips such as local, international etc as well as some weekly and monthly items. These checklists cover the gamut from newspapers on board to hotel selection. Some corporate/charter guys do this stuff routinely and it becomes rote.
I'm currently sipping a Cerveza in Cancun and won't be back to the US until next Saturday.
PM me sometime next week as a reminder and I"ll help you out.

I about to make a transition from 9yrs of 121 flying to the corp. world. I understand that corp. pilots wear multiple hats in the day to day operation. I was just wondering if any of you guys have a checklist you use to cover all your bases. A CYA checklist if you will.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

greasy,

I don't see any info about the type of job you're stepping into; but in case you happen to be going straight to a managerial position in a small department(one airplane - no dispatcher/scheduler), the best advice I can think of is this: Make for darn sure that your owner/passenger understands that proper operations require adequate preparation. Resist the urge to agree to do anything in a hurry, once you establish that you can put a jet in the air on one hour notice, they will expect that every time.

Now we all know that you can put a jet in the air in an hour, but doing so doesn't allow proper time to adequately prepare for: flight planning, weather planning, catering, overnight reservations, ground transportation, etc, etc, etc. Simply put, you will have to accomplish those tasks at some point, it's far safer and less ulcer inducing, if you are not trying to accomplish them on descent into 200&1/2 - freezing drizzle&fog - and an unfamiliar mountainous airport.

Try hard to convince the boss early on that you intend to perform in the highest professional manner, and that manner includes proper preparation.

If you happen to have gotten hired on as a pilot in a large, well established, flight department, just do what the old hands do as long as it matches what your experience says is reasonable.

Congrats,
enigma

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Last edited:
enigma

Very Very Very well said, right on the money and 99% of the time Horribly Implemented!!

Thats my experience!

Latest resources

Back