• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Corporate Captain

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yeah but when was the last time you taxied your Mad-Dog into the gate with less then two wing-walkers and a marshaler, or had to squeeze onto a ramp full of airplanes on your own like you do in Nantucket on a Friday in summer?
I rather take the heat from you guys instead of my boss because I just bent a wing tip on a snow drift or someone else's airplane.
Just my $.02
Get a grip. Everybody taxies slowly on ramps, that's a no-brainer. But you don't have to taxi at a crawl on long straight taxiways.

Tell that to the A380 crew who spun the CRJ at JFK dude!!
And we ALL don't go slow on ramps. Was nearly clipped by a Flexjet crew in a Lear 40 taxiing out in a hurry....on the ramp. The right seater's head was down and the left seater never looked back to see if he would clear his wing!!
Look my point is size is proportional the the spaces we normally operate in. You don't see a boeing 777 taxiing out of small airports with tight parking but a G-V may. I'm sure when the Flight Safety instructor was warning the student about the size of the airplane and to taxi slow he was not saying to do it on the open taxiway at Dulles but in tight spaces such as a ramp!

I hope lots of reflective safety vests and a SMS worksheet were included...

We run a risk analysis Matrix on our STREAM' for every little airplane FBO we wind up using. Ramp safety is paramount, as we do TAXI on ramps, and I swear most of these FBOs were made for little airplanes, not big Gulfstreams. Sometimes its easier to get towed in.

anyhow...

I'm also working on an in-depth cost reduction system in an attempt to save $12-15 in pilot expenses per night on our average trip.

Last edited:
Taxiing into Sig EWR with Eddie parking you on the back fence is a different story than taxiing for takeoff.

TC

P.S.--No wing walkers at TWA. I submit gate C1 in STL. At AA, you can't take a dump without a guideman and two walkers...:rolleyes:

We run a risk analysis Matrix on our STREAM' for every little airplane FBO we wind up using. Ramp safety is paramount, as we do TAXI on ramps, and I swear most of these FBOs were made for little airplanes, not big Gulfstreams. Sometimes its easier to get towed in.

anyhow...

I'm also working on an in-depth cost reduction system in an attempt to save $12-15 in pilot expenses per night on our average trip.

Why target the pilots? Why not catering or fuel?

Why target the pilots? Why not catering or fuel?

Because Caterer's and FBO Manager's are much smarter than us dumb pilots. They would never stand for such a thing!!!!

BTW, I've got $20 that says G200 was j/k and $50 says he had to look up the definition of thesis. :D

Latest resources

Back