Cool places to live in Dallas?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Club ORD FO

I am switching my base to Dallas. Just wondering if anybody can throw out the names of some areas I should look at for a cool place to rent (not interested in buying). I am late 20s, single, looking for an area with some action around. Closer to DFW and/or addison is a bonus... Any ideas for where I should narrow my search down to?

Addison has the most restaurants/bars per square mile in all of dallas! Rent is kind of high, but it just makes for a shorter stagger home.

I am switching my base to Dallas. Just wondering if anybody can throw out the names of some areas I should look at for a cool place to rent (not interested in buying). I am late 20s, single, looking for an area with some action around. Closer to DFW and/or addison is a bonus... Any ideas for where I should narrow my search down to?

A friend of mine use to live in Valley Ranch. It's near DFW and somewhat close to Dallas Love - not too far. It's a nice community (not too expensive) and I've seen some SMOKIN hot chicks there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can't go wrong with the Big D.

A friend of mine use to live in Valley Ranch. It's near DFW and somewhat close to Dallas Love - not too far. It's a nice community (not too expensive) and I've seen some SMOKIN hot chicks there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can't go wrong with the Big D.

I agree. I'd also recommend looking into Valley Ranch (Coppell). Its somewhat of a newer area and seems to have somewhat of a younger crowd. Lots of newer homes, condos, and apartments in the area. About a 10 minute drive to DFW a 25 minute drive to Addison and a 30-35 minute drive to Love Field. As far as the smokin hot chicks go, yes, there are plenty there. Come to think of it, there are plentiful all around Texas!

I agree. I'd also recommend looking into Valley Ranch (Coppell). Its somewhat of a newer area and seems to have somewhat of a younger crowd. Lots of newer homes, condos, and apartments in the area. About a 10 minute drive to DFW a 25 minute drive to Addison and a 30-35 minute drive to Love Field. As far as the smokin hot chicks go, yes, there are plenty there. Come to think of it, there are plentiful all around Texas!

Addison and Valley Ranch would be the first two places I would look. I have a relative who is going to college in Dallas - whoa, he brings home some very attractive ladies. Valley Ranch is slightly more family-oriented so I would look at Addison first. Have fun!

I was just in DFW for recurrent at FSI...and talking to one of the Program Managers about being an instructor. Housing prices there are outrageously good. Where I live, you can't touch a new, 2000 sq ft house for less than $280K. I was looking at houses in Arlington (about 10 min's to DFW) and it seemed everything was less than $200K. I saw one new, ready to move in over 3200 sq ft, 4 BR, 2.5 bath selling for $216K!!! And the subdivision was freaking pristine.

You'll do well living in Dallas, IMO. I'd look to buy instead of rent, though.

Dallas is a great place to live. I second the vote for the lower Greenville area and around SMU. Real nice places and amazingly beautiful women there. I spent 6 of the best years of my life in school there.

True enough that the housing prices are low, but make sure you figure in the property tax here. It's lot higher than many places. In general it is offset by the great real estate prices and lack of state income tax. Just be sure to figure that into your equation.

Latest resources

Back