Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Traderd

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/15...cmp=latestnews

"Delta Flight 630 from Detroit changed course Wednesday afternoon after a controller told the pilot not to complete the landing and then said he was only kidding, NBC?s Atlanta affiliate reported."

The pilot diverted the plane after the controller told him, ?630, go around,? the station said, citing the radio traffic from the tower.

Seconds later the controller canceled that order.

"I?m kidding, Delta 630," the controller told the pilot. "After you land, I've got no one behind you. Expect to exit right. Delta 630 you?re clear to land on (runway) 27-Left."

WXIA said the radio traffic shows the pilot responded that it was too late. He was clearly annoyed, the station said.

?You sent us around,? the pilot informed the controller. "Delta 630 is on the go."

Clearly annoyed.... Clearly you can hear the controllers brain cells colliding when the pilot says he's going around...

I like all the ATL controllers but there is this one guy that seems to work Ground a lot that is a total doosh. If you don't read back what his clearance is word for word he gets annoyed and then repeats the clearance in hopes that you will read it back, in his mind, correctly. It causes issues every time I've heard him on position.

RV

Clearly annoyed.... Clearly you can hear the controllers brain cells colliding when the pilot says he's going around...

Sounds like some of the story might be missing. Joking about a go around in Atlanta? I've never had the opportunity (or misfortune) to fly into Atlanta but it seems they'd be too busy to mess around on a frequency.

A go around instruction followed by an "I'm kidding?" My first thought after aborting the approach would be MIJI?

I love how the report said it put passengers in danger

So dramatic all the time

A delta guy with a stick up his arse?? Imagine that:)

I don't think I'd be criticizing anyone for going around if things don't look or sound right.

Stick or not, probably the most conservative course of immediate action if the tower controller tells you to "go-around."

I doubt a similar joke would not have gone over well from a pilot to ATC.

Latest resources

Back