Contract Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fblowjets

I have been given the task to come up with a 2 tier pay scale for our contract SIC pilots on our BE350. We are single pilot typed but the insurance is cheaper if we fly as a crew.
The pilots are not SIC "typed" and I will be doing their training. These are low time guys (this is the biggest plane they have flown). So the president wants me to come up with a daily rate and an hourly rate for said pilots. I know its a daily rate for us regardless of the flight, but he wants it that way. If the pilots were typed, the pay would be huge, but where do go with a non-typed, low time guy?

Daily $300
Hourly $55.00

Just a guess based on what I have seen....... Any info would be nice.

Thanks
Fblowjets

I have been given the task to come up with a 2 tier pay scale for our contract SIC pilots on our BE350. We are single pilot typed but the insurance is cheaper if we fly as a crew.
The pilots are not SIC "typed" and I will be doing their training. These are low time guys (this is the biggest plane they have flown). So the president wants me to come up with a daily rate and an hourly rate for said pilots. I know its a daily rate for us regardless of the flight, but he wants it that way. If the pilots were typed, the pay would be huge, but where do go with a non-typed, low time guy?

Daily $300
Hourly $55.00

Just a guess based on what I have seen....... Any info would be nice.

Thanks
Fblowjets

a non typed, low time SIC guy in a single pilot airplane?

$300 a day sounds fine to me!

By low time (and you have 3200hrs) Im guessing you may hire CFI type guys?

Sounds like a good opportunity for them.

We are single pilot typed but the insurance is cheaper if we fly as a crew.
Fblowjets

I have heard this before and do not get it. We just bought a 350 this past spring. I did not have a single minute of 350 time, requested a quote for both.. single pilot vs crew.... the difference was $800.... per year!!

FWIW... I take a guy along on occasion if available and pay 250/day + expenses.

Eight years ago I was getting $250/day +expenses for right seat in a B200 in the Pacific Northwest as a data point for you.

CheyFlyer, you could be right in your case. My company is carrying way more insurance then one could possibly need.(probably cause we picked it up from ICT of the factory floor less then a year ago.) Plus our ops manual requires 2 pilots. Thanks

Gulfstream 200, thanks for input, Yes I am looking at CFI's. Why include my flightinfo times in the answer? DUDE get over yourself, these times are 2 years out of date...

CheyFlyer, you could be right in your case. My company is carrying way more insurance then one could possibly need.(probably cause we picked it up from ICT of the factory floor less then a year ago.) Plus our ops manual requires 2 pilots. Thanks

Gulfstream 200, thanks for input, Yes I am looking at CFI's. Why include my flightinfo times in the answer? DUDE get over yourself, these times are 2 years out of date...

"DUDE"..:rolleyes:

How are we supposed to know that?

For a 3200hr guy to be looking at "lower time" guys meant 1000hr/CFI types to me! - DUDE.

Thats why I said it sounds like a good opportunity for newer guys.

Dude.

Last edited:
Hummm... That reminds me, my FI flight time is out of date.

Thanks! TC

Latest resources

Back