Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As much as you can negotiate!

Let us know how well you do!

C-5--If you can manage to steal a contract gig for a 75/76 out from under the several hundred folks on the street (either retired DL, UA, US, TW, etc... or laid off guys like me) who have several thousand hours in type (many with several thousand hours as PIC), be my guest.

There's plenty of work to be had in the sandbox. There's a reason for that.

Orient Thai or Phuket Air may be hiring. They probably require a type. Good luck.TC

Let me know where those 767/757 jobs are. I have 5700 hrs. PIC plus past check airman on them.
Mobie

AA717driver said:
C-5--If you can manage to steal a contract gig for a 75/76 out from under the several hundred folks on the street (either retired DL, UA, US, TW, etc... or laid off guys like me) who have several thousand hours in type (many with several thousand hours as PIC), be my guest.

There's plenty of work to be had in the sandbox. There's a reason for that.

Orient Thai or Phuket Air may be hiring. They probably require a type. Good luck.TC
Now that was funny. How do you figure that he would be "stealing" a job out from under any of those guys on the street? Do retired airlines guys have 1st right of refusal on Boeing flying jobs?

If those guys wanted that job so bad, why didn't they quit their airline job years ago and go full time with the company when they were hiring? Because the 121 guys have fallen on hard times, are the career corporate professionals supposed to 'step aside' as a professional courtesy because some guy with 75/76 time is retired or furloughed and has some time in type wants this job? You must be kidding?

C-5 MEM said:
Anyone have a idea what the going rate is for a 757/767 left and right seat?

C-5 MEM

What kind of contract are you asking about, a daily rate or monthly rate ? What area of the world ? Airline, Private, or Ferry work ?

Without specifics the range is between $500-1000+ per day or $1000-15,000 per month.

TP

LRvsH25B said:
Now that was funny. How do you figure that he would be "stealing" a job out from under any of those guys on the street? Do retired airlines guys have 1st right of refusal on Boeing flying jobs?

If those guys wanted that job so bad, why didn't they quit their airline job years ago and go full time with the company when they were hiring? Because the 121 guys have fallen on hard times, are the career corporate professionals supposed to 'step aside' as a professional courtesy because some guy with 75/76 time is retired or furloughed and has some time in type wants this job? You must be kidding?

I definitly think he was kidding...TCs like that...

:D

Yeah, I was. Thanks, G200.

What I meant was, I was trying to convey to C-5 (who I know) that it's a tough market for ANYONE looking for even the lowliest, bottom-feeder 767/757 job out there.

There's just incredible competition from guys like mobie. My couple thousand hours of SIC time won't even generate a sincere rejection letter.

Again, good luck.TC

P.S.--Exactly how many "career corporate professionals" out there have 76/75 types with several thousand hours of PIC? Probably about the same number of 'career airline professionals' who have GV types with several thousand hours of PIC. No one here is telling anyone to step out of line. If you pay close attention, this board is an incredible resource with people like mobie, G200, Typhoon, et al. jumping at the chance to help a fellow pilot with job info or advice on how to go about doing their job better. I know I've benefitted from their presence here.

Last edited:
The curent rate at TAG Aviation is $1,000 per day plus all expenses. The current rate at a well known B757 operator out of BFI is $750. The cavaet in both cases is that they will pay for your recurrent at Boeing which is typically around $14,000 per year. One additional item, neither of these operators will allow a per-diem pilot to act as PIC. Left seat, yes, PIC no. So, the rate is simply a body number as opposed to a PIC/SIC issue. The annual check is a PIC check, none the less.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I may be available soon!

Still remember where most of the important switches on the 757 are, so I have that going for me!

I get $500 a day for a beechjet, so I would think $1,000 - 1,500 would be in order.

Will there be BBQ involved? :D

Let's see, "half rate, flaps up, climb power?" No, thats the 80...

Hmmm. "Props 1900, climb torque?" No, thats not it either...

"throttles idle, speed brakes 60, brakes apply!"

Well, I'll probably figure it out.

Latest resources

Back