• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard to make up for the low 1st year pay they provide excellent health care coverage for the 1st six months!!!!!!!!!!!!! which is somewhere in the amount of zero

Uhh, yeah, read the scales. The pay rates increase yearly.

That's not what he means, that information is not available on Airline Pilot Pay. However, the short answer is, "not really". Cut and paste from an Adobe Document did not work well, so I'll just site some typical examples:

7/1/2007:

FO, year 4, wide, medium, and narrow: $97.22 $84.48 $74.49
CA, year 12, wide, medium, and narrow: $189.37 $166.01 $147.05

7/1/2008:

FO, year 4, wide medium, and narrow: $99.17 $86.16 $75.98
CA, year 12, wide, medium, and narrow: $193.15 $169.33 $149.99

Compare those numbers to the numbers currently listed on Airline Pilot Pay.net and you can see that the yearly percentage increase is almost nothing. (roughly 2% increase per year)

VVJM265 said:
Do I have this correct? You get paid, at granted 50% right now, to read, sleep, or watch a flick for 8 hours, and then be in the seat for 4.5 to 5 hours on the way back?

And the problem with this is....?

That sounds good on paper, but I've done it and it gets old really fast. Sitting in the back sucks big time, but that's just my opinion. Then again, at NAA, we usually get stuck in the center seat in coach between two fat people who's sweaty armpits leave wet spots on our shoulders. I never had back problems, but those airline seats are just not made for humans and now my back gets all sorts of aches. If you get stuck in the window seat on a 12 hour flight, try climbing over those two sleeping fat people who won't wake up unless you "accidentally" stab them with a pencil.
The movies are the same ones over and over again, just like the meals. I could go on for pages about why deadheading sucks, and I've traveled on just about every airline that departs from the U.S., but like I've said before, that's just my opinion. I don't know anyone who I work with who enjoys deadheading whatsoever, but I'm sure that there's very unique individuals who may find it appealing. Usually, they're called new-hires.

You get a deadhead seat in first class don't you? Don't you also get a seat in first to rest in if you are a member of the operating crew with an IRO?

I know the A-plan is frozen for new hires what is the current retirement plan for new hires? B-plan, 401k, etc etc.

Can anyone shed some truth on this:
I had a CAL jumpseater the other day who introduced himself as a B-777 Captain. He looked damn young - under 50. He later mentioned he's been at CAL 14 years! Does that make any sense? Is that plausible?

beytzim said:
Can anyone shed some truth on this:
I had a CAL jumpseater the other day who introduced himself as a B-777 Captain. He looked dang young - under 50. He later mentioned he's been at CAL 14 years! Does that make any sense? Is that plausible?

Uhhhh doubtful, more like 73 captain. I think you heard him wrong.

OUT said:
You get a deadhead seat in first class don't you? Don't you also get a seat in first to rest in if you are a member of the operating crew with an IRO?

Nope, DH in first on space avail only. Same goes with IRO, for all 3 pilots, the rest occurs in first only if space is avail, othewise it's in economy class.

Is that rule different on the 777 fleet? Just flew to LGW and back, and there were 4 reserved seats in first, both ways. They put up a curtain for the crew to sleep. The 4 seats were already factored out on the PBTs.

box

Latest resources

Back