Continental

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Alaska82

Is Airlinepilotcentral.com correct for Continental's pay? only $30 per hour first year followed by on 55, 64, 73. Sound's low

$54.74 2nd yr narrow body

$27,300 1st year is pathetic!

But, CAL has thousands of pilots beating on the door begging to sit reserve.

Lots of new hires going to 757 will spend lots of time deadheading to EUROPE to be an IRO on the return leg westbound.

Last edited:
Alaska82 said:
Is Airlinepilotcentral.com correct for Continental's pay? only $30 per hour first year followed by on 55, 64, 73. Sound's low

$30 an hour for a 23 year old? Sounds pretty good. As long as the minimum job qualification is 1,000 hours fixed-wing turbine time and people are hired, nobody can complain-even ALPA. The bottom line is still: "it's not what you know, it's who." Heck, Gordon Bufoon's kid is a senior manager at CAL and has been described as the "Water Boy" of management.

Last edited:
COpilot said:
Yes that FO pay is correct.

1YR $29.97 across the fleet.

2YR Narrow $54.74, Mid $62.13, Wide $71.64

If I can elaborate a little, first: yeah first year ain't so hot.

Second, correct me if I don't understand this right:

The way the fleets work is unless you fly the 777, you will be flying either a mix of small narrow body and large narrow body as a 737 driver, or a mix of large narrowbody and wide body as a 756 driver. So if you are on 2nd yr pay on the 737, your actual rate will probably be somewhere in the middle (where, exactly, is dependent on the nuber of 737-800 and 900 trips you do). The same thing with the 756 crews in regards to the 757-200 and the 757-300, 767-200/400. The 777 is all widebody, obviously.

From a pure fleet size, each position is about 1/2 small and half large. Didn't look at the blockhours, though, which would be the real indicator.

Good point about the IRO stuff on the 757. Bring a book.

rtseatrich said:
But, CAL has thousands of pilots beating on the door begging to sit reserve.

Lots of new hires going to 757 will spend lots of time deadheading to EUROPE to be an IRO on the return leg westbound.

Do I have this correct? You get paid, at granted 50% right now, to read, sleep, or watch a flick for 8 hours, and then be in the seat for 4.5 to 5 hours on the way back?

And the problem with this is....?

VVJM265 said:
Do I have this correct? You get paid, at granted 50% right now, to read, sleep, or watch a flick for 8 hours, and then be in the seat for 4.5 to 5 hours on the way back?

And the problem with this is....?

some don't have a problem with it, and when new hires get off year 1, the pay will be at 75% normal. In 2007 it will be back to 100%.

If you are on RSV, you're going to get your 72/76hrs no matter how much DHing you are doing.

That being said, having it in the language is a step backwards, which is the wrong direction the profession needs to be headed. At least it was put in there "temporarily".

Latest resources

Back