Continental

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mwmav8r01 said:
Is COA still on pace for total recall in April? Any talk of classes beyond that?

Matt
Matt,

After the last CAL pilot is recalled, there are 113 pilots at ExpressJet who have rights to flow over to CAL. This will be done in a block so there will be no dilution in the new hire class with off-the-street new hires. After that, there are 189 ExpressJet pilots who were hired by CAL via the "preferential interview" process and another 59 who are eligible to go over as well, provided they pass a simulator ride successfully. It is unclear at this time if CAL will bring those pilots hired via the "P.I." process over as a block or if they will ratio in new hires off the street.

-Neal

Neal,

When are all of the furloughees from the mainline supposed to be back? Also, how many have confirmed classes? I had heard that all will be recalled by June, but has everyone been given a classdate? Thanks for the info. I realize all is subject to change.....

-W

#1 Windmilling said:
Neal,

When are all of the furloughees from the mainline supposed to be back? Also, how many have confirmed classes? I had heard that all will be recalled by June, but has everyone been given a classdate? Thanks for the info. I realize all is subject to change.....

-W
W,

The current CAL P2P forecast is to have all pilots recalled by April, at a minimum. That is all subject to change and my best guess is that they will reach the furlough line sooner than that. At that point, CAL will hire exclusively from the "113" group over at XJT, which is 113 pilots who have the option to flow over to CAL (although not all of those pilots will go it appears). After the "113" comes the guys/gals hired via the preferential interview process but again, it is unclear at this time as to what happens when we hit that point.

-Neal

After the recalls and the 113, any idea on how many CAL plans on hiring in 2005? How about 2006?

Latest resources

Back