• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The CEO of Skywest rode my jump recently. He plainly said that skywest had bid for the flying. He would not say with what equipment however. Though he did say he liked the Q400.

Erlanger said:
Skywest has indeed submitted their bid to Continental to operate for them using Q-400s. I know most won't believe this but it's true. This rumor has been going on for sometime and I never believed it until I recently heard someone in management finally confirm this.

CaptETWes said:
management asked that the union develop a t-prop pay scale as well as a b-scale.

As if regional pilots are over paid huh? And why the t-prop scale? I can see if it were something like the Dash8-100 or 200 that don't seat 50 people like the rj, but why would you need a different scale for a 70+ seat Q-400? They should be paid more than any of the 50 seat jet pilots. Typical AWAC. Well it's the airline industry, what should we expect? To be treated fairly? HAAA!!!

Word from MX CTRL at OO is that the MX Training Dept. has started to receive documentation on the Q400. Doesn't confirm much, but still sounds like a little bit of a rumble to me.

XPOO said:
Word from MX CTRL at OO is that the MX Training Dept. has started to receive documentation on the Q400. Doesn't confirm much, but still sounds like a little bit of a rumble to me.

Our chief at Awac also said they are looking at q-400 books and material for flying at continental but he said he could'nt go into it any further.

SO is a former Dash 8 CA from the old days of the IAD hub. Great guy, I'm sure he'd like to see them back on property.

Straight out of training at Skywest from the head of the training department..."There is NO way that we can have the amount of people trained and ready to go for Q 400s by the time Continental would need them. Does that dispell that rumor?"...thats just what I was told

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back