Continental Referral

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
itk96 said:
So what is everyones take on this? I have a guy from Continental who would like to give me a referral. I found out last night that he is a Scab from back in the Lorenzo days. Should I use the referral when I submit my info or will it ultimately put a black mark on my application? What are the freakin chances that the guy I want to use for a referral turns out to be Scab.

at least you have a referral...

itk96 said:
What are the freakin chances that the guy I want to use for a referral turns out to be Scab.

It doesn't matter if your sponsor is on the list. Also I don't think one recommendation would be enough.

Last edited:
EMBpilot said:
It doesn't matter if your sponsor is on the list. Also I don't think one recommendation would be enough.

Several people have been interviewed/hired with ZERO recommendations. Some just 1. Others with several have been turned down.

Only one referral here as well. I was told that it depends on the quality of the person giving the referal.

referral

Probably been said before but... Your contact can go to his CP and get you on a short list. He will go over the employees record prior to looking at your app. My cp asked when I flew with the guy and what is he like now to hang out with. Is he easy to get along with? What's he like to drink a beer with? And so on. I was in the CP office for more than 30 mins. (some of the time was spent bs-ing but most about my referral) I was told by CP that once on this list apps are called based on total time. I did this around when the window opened and in Sep I went in to check why he had not been called yet. At that time my buddy was around number 20 out of 118 on this list (he had between 6-7000tt). He got a call a few weeks later.

Good Luck,

Kaiser

Latest resources

Back