Continental Referral

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

itk96

So what is everyones take on this? I have a guy from Continental who would like to give me a referral. I found out last night that he is a Scab from back in the Lorenzo days. Should I use the referral when I submit my info or will it ultimately put a black mark on my application? What are the freakin chances that the guy I want to use for a referral turns out to be Scab.

itk96 said:
So what is everyones take on this? I have a guy from Continental who would like to give me a referral. I found out last night that he is a Scab from back in the Lorenzo days. Should I use the referral when I submit my info or will it ultimately put a black mark on my application? What are the freakin chances that the guy I want to use for a referral turns out to be Scab.

Considering the pilot group at CAL, greater than you think. I wouldn't worry about it.

itk96 said:

Here is my take. I think you should tell the guys on the hiring board exactly what you think. If you feel this strongly about out speak up! Might not work out so well becasue some of those very same folks are on the list.

Here is a better idea. Why not just look somewhere else for employment? The last thing we need around here is division amongst the pilots. Especially from some new hire who was probably running around in diapers during the 83 debacle.

Before you run your mouth any further, I am not on the list.

I dont remember saying I felt strongly about it one way or the other. I was just asking how it would look and if it would be a negative against me for what someone else did. And yeah I was in diapers.

Boeingman said:
Here is my take. I think you should tell the guys on the hiring board exactly what you think. If you feel this strongly about out speak up! Might not work out so well becasue some of those very same folks are on the list.

Here is a better idea. Why not just look somewhere else for employment? The last thing we need around here is division amongst the pilots. Especially from some new hire who was probably running around in diapers during the 83 debacle.

Before you run your mouth any further, I am not on the list.

Calm down dude. It's a legit question. He obviously would like to work for Continental and just want's to know if that is something that could hurt his or her chances there. It certainly could a some airlines out there. He voiced no opinion of scabs one way or another. Calm the F down.

itk96 said:
I dont remember saying I felt strongly about it one way or the other. I was just asking how it would look and if it would be a negative against me for what someone else did. And yeah I was in diapers.

Reread the first paragraph of my answer and ask yourself the question again.

D-Bo said:
Calm down dude. It's a legit question. He obviously would like to work for Continental and just want's to know if that is something that could hurt his or her chances there. It certainly could a some airlines out there. He voiced no opinion of scabs one way or another. Calm the F down.

I am calm. The point of my reply was his attitude and/or thoughts will not get him the job. Especially in light of the makeup of the hiring board.

Management has exploited this division of the pilots for years. The last thing we need is for the cycle to continue with new people.

itk96 said:

My two cents. I'm an 87 hire got three buddies hired. Doesn't matter if the one who recommends you is a scab or not. What does matter is if the pilot who recommends you has a general good reputation and employment history. The EWR CPO has told me several times "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree". I.E.: the CPO spends the majority of their time dealing with the 5% of the pilot group that constantly gets in trouble or is always pushes everything to the limit VS the 95% who do a good job and rarely cause any trouble. A reccomendation from the wrong pilot could be the kiss of death and it has nothing to do with DOH.

Latest resources

Back