• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental Prep

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
34 would have been middle of my class of 16. Ages ranged from 29-42. 4 of us were 29-31 years old. 6 ExpressJet, 4 military, the rest Jetblue, TWA/American/regionals.

34 would have been around 4 or 5 out of 12 in my class too. Probably above half, but probably not above top third. Good luck.

I think this is a prep thread and no one mentioned Emererald Coast. They do a good job and they have connections for sim prep. I got hired at 2 majors with their help and I'm not that sharp. I think you get your money back if you get turned down for the interview.

C-17: Congrats on the offer and others to come. I hope to see you at Delta soon but I didn't apply to CAL.

I think this is a prep thread and no one mentioned Emererald Coast. They do a good job and they have connections for sim prep. I got hired at 2 majors with their help and I'm not that sharp. I think you get your money back if you get turned down for the interview.

C-17: Congrats on the offer and others to come. I hope to see you at Delta soon but I didn't apply to CAL.

Ref post #14.

I would say the average age in a new hire class at CAL is 35-38. I was 30 when I was hired and had two people under me (25 and 29). Good luck to everyone!

CAL gives you a sheet with the entire profile on it and you get to study it for about 30 minutes - you don't need a prep. It's just basic instrument flying and the safety pilot will set up everything and do all the checklists for you!

If you don't spend the $400 or $500 on the sim preo and you end up NOT getting the job, you will kick yourself for a year. Spend the money and walk out knowing that you did everything that you could.

FWIW.....my 2 cents

I did not do interview prep but did do sim prep (Crew Pilot Training @ DFW).

I would also recommend looking at the free website aviationinterviews.com for Continental-specific gouges. That's all I studied (in addition to the FAR/AIM).

It took 8 months from application to interview for me. I start Oct 16.

Latest resources

Back