• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental Prep

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the info guys. I'll try those websites. Who offers the sim prep in IAH? I've heard that there's one in Dallas but IAH would be much better for me. Thanks again.

crewpilottraining. Used them in IAH, extremely helpful. Only issue is that when I did it, the maddog sim was in use, believe that sim has been removed. I'm not sure if they have access to the 737 sims for prep, but I'd give them a call.

Finally got an interview! If anyone could suggest the best place place to do the sim prep and get some good gauoooge that would be very helpful. I could use some cheap sedatives as well. Thanks in advance.

I did my panel prep with Albie at Emerald Coast Consulting...outstanding prep - very professional act!!

Sounds like Crew Pilot Training is the sim prep of choice. Is a panel interview prep worth the money? I have a month to study so I should be able to prepare pretty well on my own. But if there is some secret hand shake that you learn in the interview prep I'll shell out the cash.

For the guy that asked... It took a little over a year and a lot of help from a good friend at CAL to get an interview.

I did no panel prep, but it depends on your comfort level. Nothing especially tricky in the interview, but make sure you feel good about answering situational questions. If you can honestly say that you've got good answers and can answer them clearly without rambling, you're good to go. Otherwise, do some prep. No secret handshake, but you do want to be comfortable when you sit down across the table.

I interviewed yesterday. No sim prep, but I was typed in the 737 back in July through Crew Pilot Training. The sim was in the morning and the interview was in the afternoon. I could have flown the sim a lot better and I could have flown it a lot worse.

The interview went very well in that they told me that I would be contacted in 2 days by my sponsor. The panel lasted about 20 minutes and there were no tech, TMAAT, or WWYD questions.

PM me if you want details.

Hopefully, my loony bin status at Delta will be overturned. The Delta review board meets next Tuesday. Anyone have suggestions if given the choice between CAL, DAL, or UAL?

Anyone have suggestions if given the choice between CAL, DAL, or UAL?

C-17, you're killing me bro!! Are you seriously asking these clowns here on FI on some quality advice about your future career?? (And I'm one of the clowns!! :nuts: )

In my unbiased opinion I'm not a fan of DAL's act. Their airplanes are disgusting (i.e. you find more of their so-called sunchips in the rails of their seats than you do in the FA's baskets during snacky time). The quality of their customer service is average at best. Their contract is slightly above average but I think it'll certainly get better in the years to come. On the flipside I've got some good friends that fly for DAL in my ANG unit and they're awesome dudes. I think with all the hiring the pilot group will be a good one as the old blood retires and DAL continues to hire good quality folks (I know they like mil folks which is awesome).

CAL (who I obviously work for) is pretty good. Slightly above average. The airplanes are much cleaner and I think the product the customer gets is certainly better than DAL. Customer service is actually pretty good. The contract is certainly below average - no doubt about that. No health insurace for the 1st 6 mo's is haenious - I'll be the first to admit. The pay is marginal. Same good qualities as DAL though - the new contract is right around the corner and hopefully it'll be pretty darn solid. And the pilot group on average contains a lot of good, young folks.

UAL - no comment...don't do much traveling with them. I do have a few good dudes from my ANG unit that fly with them and that's about the extent of my knowledge.

My 1st choice - FDX. 2nd would be UPS. Most folks like SWA as well but that wouldn't be my cup of tea (I'd like to do the int'l gig which fortunately CAL gives you a lot of that option). I do know that FDX and SWA are very military friendly (and so far CAL has not personally given me any issues so that's a plus).

Good luck bud! If you do go with DAL tell Shocker howdy for me (great dude I flew F-15's with that just got hired).

CAL gives you a sheet with the entire profile on it and you get to study it for about 30 minutes - you don't need a prep. It's just basic instrument flying and the safety pilot will set up everything and do all the checklists for you!

Latest resources

Back