• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

continental pension underfunding

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alas, it is true. And with them go the last vestiges of a once great nation. Human secularism.....what a way to go!

yes.....stem cells bad, but they wear eyeglasses to correct god's "mistake". bush's gut was wrong, admit it.

denial is the first step......

No, I did get it. Reserve is not time off. Ask those sitting reserve in a crash pad if they feel like they have time off? Ask those sitting reserve with a commute if they have time off watching the weather and the flights?

It is not you SFR. It is the entire CAL pilot group who doesn't get it. Don't take it personal SFR. It's CAL.

But the main point is CAL is the MESA of majors. And CAL pilots like licking Larry's boots and would do the same if Jonathon Ornstein was the next CEO as well.

A contract is not based on FAR's. And it isn't worth anything if it only pays you for what you do. Hard time is not the measure of your worth. Everyday you stand in a security line, preflight and aircraft, check the weather, deal with maintenance, get to spend three hours in the crew room, go to training, and don't get paid, you are leaving money on the table.

This pension issue is simply the wipe saw which is going to reduce those 5+ year pay rates down to the other legacies to be competitive.

So how are those less than 5+ pay rates? How are your work rules? How is training? How is your scheduling section? I know. Just like MESA's.

Try telling all this to my tenants here that work 6 days a week for less than half the pay.

Oh, also tell them that my time at home sitting reserve is not time off.....

It is all perspective...and most pilots lose that...

No, his intelligence reports and gatherers were and denial is actually a river in Egypt.

so his "intelligence" reports were wrong in iraq, new orleans, the banking system, medicare part b, and being greeted as liberators.

fool me once, shame on — [pauses] - shame on you. Fool me — I can't get fooled again.

so his "intelligence" reports were wrong in iraq, new orleans, the banking system, medicare part b, and being greeted as liberators.

fool me once, shame on — [pauses] - shame on you. Fool me — I can't get fooled again.

First, I never called you a name, I said you made an uneducated jab.....as far as the intel....same intel we've had for the last 20 years....too bad our capability to gather intel is so bad, for more info, google "church commission"...new orleans? an incompetent liberal mayor and an even more incompetent Gov. They were told to evacuate, and then were too stupid to request aid (which is the LAW). Oh course the dikes were in PERFECT shape from 1992 until 2001 when evil republican teams of saboteurs, fresh off inventing the aids virus and crack cocaine to kill gays and blacks, weakend the dikes that Algore had built....:rolleyes:

Do a little research on what REALLY caused the banking debacle (I'll give you a hint....Frank, Dodd, Carter, Clinton, Raines, Freddie, Fannie.....). Sadly, the republicans in the senate tried to stop it in 2005 (before the collapse), but the dems banded together to stop the bill.....YEAH!!

No, I did get it. Reserve is not time off. Ask those sitting reserve in a crash pad if they feel like they have time off? Ask those sitting reserve with a commute if they have time off watching the weather and the flights?

It is not you SFR. It is the entire CAL pilot group who doesn't get it. Don't take it personal SFR. It's CAL.

But the main point is CAL is the MESA of majors. And CAL pilots like licking Larry's boots and would do the same if Jonathon Ornstein was the next CEO as well.

A contract is not based on FAR's. And it isn't worth anything if it only pays you for what you do. Hard time is not the measure of your worth. Everyday you stand in a security line, preflight and aircraft, check the weather, deal with maintenance, get to spend three hours in the crew room, go to training, and don't get paid, you are leaving money on the table.

This pension issue is simply the wipe saw which is going to reduce those 5+ year pay rates down to the other legacies to be competitive.

So how are those less than 5+ pay rates? How are your work rules? How is training? How is your scheduling section? I know. Just like MESA's.

Boy, you really have NO idea what you are talking about!

First, I never called you a name, I said you made an uneducated jab.....as far as the intel....same intel we've had for the last 20 years....too bad our capability to gather intel is so bad, for more info, google "church commission"...new orleans? an incompetent liberal mayor and an even more incompetent Gov. They were told to evacuate, and then were too stupid to request aid (which is the LAW). Oh course the dikes were in PERFECT shape from 1992 until 2001 when evil republican teams of saboteurs, fresh off inventing the aids virus and crack cocaine to kill gays and blacks, weakend the dikes that Algore had built....:rolleyes:

Do a little research on what REALLY caused the banking debacle (I'll give you a hint....Frank, Dodd, Carter, Clinton, Raines, Freddie, Fannie.....). Sadly, the republicans in the senate tried to stop it in 2005 (before the collapse), but the dems banded together to stop the bill.....YEAH!!

you're preaching to the choir.....democrats are idiots too, bush is one also. bush isn't fit to be called a republican. the religious right has hijacked the GOP and all of goldwater's work has been dismantled by jesus freaks.

BOTH parties are responsible for the mess we are in. it is not the exclusive property of dems or republicans, bush is to blame simply cause he was in charge for the last 8 years. obama will be blamed for any mess 4 or 8 years from now.

you're preaching to the choir.....democrats are idiots too, bush is one also. bush isn't fit to be called a republican. the religious right has hijacked the GOP and all of goldwater's work has been dismantled by jesus freaks.

BOTH parties are responsible for the mess we are in. it is not the exclusive property of dems or republicans, bush is to blame simply cause he was in charge for the last 8 years. obama will be blamed for any mess 4 or 8 years from now.

Be careful talking bad about Jesus, or your luck will change for the worse. He is the reason we can have eternal life.

If you don't believe me, try faith and see what he give you. You WILL be amazed....

I think this whole pension plan crap is gonna start rolling downhill. All of the sudden Larry is gonna "realize" it's underfunded and offer the union to fund it for the 70 seat clause. The geezer's will sell out and Larry will get his 70's in CAL colors operated by Chautauqua.

Latest resources

Back