Continental Ny/newark-shanghai Petition

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ben Franklin said:
I intentionally posted what I did because I KNEW you would correct me!!!

this is the most correct and smartest post you have had on here in years, general!

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

Thanks, I guess....?

Bye Bye--General Lee

The only carriers that have applied for service are NW,AA,UA and CO. Only 1 flight will be awarded.
Northwest: Detroit-Shanghai
American: DFW-Beijing
United: IAD-Beijing
Continental: EWR-Shanghai

Presently Continental serves EWR-PEK, EWR-HKG, EWR-NTA. Continental has 2 new 777 deliveries in Jan '07, hopefully for this route or another.

I have heard we (CAL) are not really expecting this award because of our strong stance against foreign ownership and EU open skies. I hope I am wrong. And yes DAL will not be getting this slot it will be either AA, CAL, NW, or UA.

Word today from the EWR LEC meeting is that CAL is still in the running for Shanghi but if not awarded, there are approximately 12 cities that CAL is working for international expansion most of which will be served with the 787.

Based on the latest push for this route both internally and externally I agree. Last weeks Voicemail said that over 6,000 signatures/letters from co-worker have been compiled. Seems as though no stone will go unturned just like efforts that were successful for both being awarded Buenos Aires and Beijing.

First of all.. we all know EWR is located in a sh*thole, the actual state boundaries don't matter.

However, to say that EWR doesn't service NYC is like saying that DFW doesn't serve Dallas, CVG doesn't serve Cincinnati, IAD doesn't serve DC, etc...

I welcome and can't wait for the Newark, NY to Shanghai service....

Ex737Driver said:
Word today from the EWR LEC meeting is that CAL is still in the running for Shanghi but if not awarded, there are approximately 12 cities that CAL is working for international expansion most of which will be served with the 787.

Please say Athens, Istanbul, Budapest, or hell.. can it make it to Sydney? I think it can.

Latest resources

Back