• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental (new UA) or US Airways?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey, being an ALPA member became a disgrace. Agreeing to no windfalls was just a lie. xoxoxo
:lol:

He doesn't think a 2 MONTH guy going above him on a seniority list is a windfall...he must be a new guy in the biz...I'm not a new guy.

Was it worth it? You clowns are an anchor on the entire profession! Your crap pay affects us all. So, thanks a lot for not honoring your agreements like men and thanks a lot for dragging us all down. And Turtle, it was arbitration not ALPA. Friggin dishonorable whiners.

Judging by how this thread digressed into bitter US Air seniority list infighting, I would pick UAL over US Air. As a matter of fact. It seems most threads these days wind up talking about this same subject.

I wouldn't want to constantly listen to all that 'we got screwed' mantra over and over again at the work place. I think the bitterness will be there for quite sometime, and I wouldn't want any part of it.

Good luck. Live in base regardless, and don't take your work home with you....

Judging by how this thread digressed into bitter US Air seniority list infighting, I would pick UAL over US Air. As a matter of fact. It seems most threads these days wind up talking about this same subject.

I wouldn't want to constantly listen to all that 'we got screwed' mantra over and over again at the work place. I think the bitterness will be there for quite sometime, and I wouldn't want any part of it.

Good luck. Live in base regardless, and don't take your work home with you....

What he said....^^^^^^^^^^

Generally people seeking advice prefer unbiased perspectives. Folks who embroil themselves in affairs not their own, as the good "General Lee" has done, set themselves apart as suspect at reasoned, dispassionate observations and advice.

He has discredited himself. There is no need to answer him.

Amen!!!!!

Not sure if it has been discussed but with all the rumors of both possibly hiring in the fall which would you choose over the other if both offers were made.

Living in base in IAH or CLT are both fine, age is early to mid 30s, have no kids, spouse can move anywhere, have no debt (or house to sell).

Question is for wife. She is one of thousands of RJ capts looking to move on.

Thoughts?

Get hired by both and toss a coin. :lol: And then go to southwest! (unless you love airbus).

Seriously, pilots love to fly planes and are professionals. They have a good time at work whoever they fly for and only bitch, moan and bicker on message boards, unless they are an ALPA pilot.

Last edited:
Was it worth it? You clowns are an anchor on the entire profession! Your crap pay affects us all. So, thanks a lot for not honoring your agreements like men and thanks a lot for dragging us all down. And Turtle, it was arbitration not ALPA. Friggin dishonorable whiners.

ALPA had a useful purpose in the distant past but its change of heart that adopted a willingness to allow nearly unrestricted outsourcing has spawned an unending divisive and fractured labor civil war across the profession. The profession has untold numbers of pilots that qualify for food stamps and section 8 housing while others have lump sum retirements that make them millionaires twice over.

And meanwhile we have captains (on RJs) that haven't yet found a satisfactory career and are willing to toss all the advances their seniority provides them in order to start over at the bottom of the ******************** pile called a "major".

And then we have a couple bots selfrighteously babble about honor..

Go fly your plane and enjoy the view wherever you can get hired for the most money. The whiney pilots don't collect your salary :lol:.

Last edited:

I think you are implying that if we rolled over and just accepted the ALPA arbitration process Parker would have given us huge pay raises. WOW! You must be a new hire at Mesa.

ALPA had a useful purpose in the distant past but its change of heart that adopted a willingness to allow nearly unrestricted outsourcing has spawned an unending divisive and fractured labor civil war across the profession. The profession has untold numbers of pilots that qualify for food stamps and section 8 housing while others have lump sum retirements that make them millionaires twice over.

And meanwhile we have captains (on RJs) that haven't yet found a satisfactory career and are willing to toss all the advances their seniority provides them in order to start over at the bottom of the ******************** pile called a "major".

And then we have a couple bots selfrighteously babble about honor..

Go fly your plane and enjoy the view wherever you can get hired for the most money. The whiney pilots don't collect your salary :lol:.

That's how the chips fell. My pilot group got Kashered.
We moved forward.

I think you are implying that if we rolled over and just accepted the ALPA arbitration process
You DID accept the ALPA arbitration process by AGREEING TO BINDING ARBITRATION in the first place! Lets call a spade a spade here.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back