Continental New Hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Neal,

Congrats on your class date. Guess I was right on target when I welcomed you to CAL what was that six or seven years ago?

I was told several months ago by a senior flt ops manager that March and April was going to be 60 per month than reduced significantly over the summer. However heard rumors of numbers all over the map. What is the latest from the training center on hiring numbers for May through Sep?

CAL EWR B737 said:
Neal,

Congrats on your class date. Guess I was right on target when I welcomed you to CAL what was that six or seven years ago?

I was told several months ago by a senior flt ops manager that March and April was going to be 60 per month than reduced significantly over the summer. However heard rumors of numbers all over the map. What is the latest from the training center on hiring numbers for May through Sep?

Thanks! Yes how time flies. I'm very excited to start. It was 6 years exactly but who is counting? :D

The numbers I've heard verify a slowdown over the summer and then a ramp-up again in the Fall.

-Neal

No one has been awarded 756 for IAH since before the last bid that closed in January. All 756 awards have been for EWR. Perhaps on the next bid in August.

SkyWestCRJPilot said:
No one has been awarded 756 for IAH since before the last bid that closed in January. All 756 awards have been for EWR. Perhaps on the next bid in August.

That is correct.. those guys in the fall snuck into IAH by the skin of their teeth.. They'll be on reserve for a while (not that they care, most of them live there anyway).

Off topic but fwiw, people with DOH+6MOS are holding conversion lines on the 756 in EWR for April.

Daddy69 said:
One guy is 24 years old! Great guy, obviously well connected somehow!

Gee, I wonder what y'all would be saying if he was a she? :rolleyes:

"Great gal!"......NOT!

Talked to the Manager of Pilot Recruitment today. The usual caveat applies this is the latest information, as always however everything is subject to modification.

March and April - 60 per month

May through Aug - 8 per month

Sep looking forward - 32 per month

Interviewing to start back up in August

What I find very positive is that they will continue to hire this summer even if it's only eight per month. In my nineteen years at this company just about every time if not every time Continental has announced a short planned hiatus from hiring in reality for one reason or another it turned into several years until hiring began again. To me keeping the pilot recruitment, new hire system active over a planned slow hiring period is very positive.

capt. megadeth said:
Gee, I wonder what y'all would be saying if he was a she? :rolleyes:

"Great gal!"......NOT!
Bitter and bothered is no way to go through life Dear...

To the rest thanks for the intel.

Last edited:
Patriot328 said:
That is correct.. those guys in the fall snuck into IAH by the skin of their teeth.. They'll be on reserve for a while (not that they care, most of them live there anyway).

Off topic but fwiw, people with DOH+6MOS are holding conversion lines on the 756 in EWR for April.

It looks like IAH is moving quicker on the 737 side. I'm a Oct hire and I got a conversion line for April. Could be due to Easter though.

CLAMBAKE

pkober said:
It looks like IAH is moving quicker on the 737 side. I'm a Oct hire and I got a conversion line for April. Could be due to Easter though.

CLAMBAKE

I was hired in July 2005 and have been holding a hard line for 2 months so far (IAH March and April)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back