• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
March and April - 60 per month

May through Aug - 8 per month

Sep looking forward - 32 per month

Interviewing to start back up in August

Do you guys know if the May and June classes have been filled up already?

Last edited:
Furloughed80 said:
March and April - 60 per month

Do you guys know if the May and June classes have been filled up already?

Same question I have. I interview next week. Are they starting a pool?

No pool. 2 classes in May, 2 May and 16 May. I don't know if either class is full yet. Classes are slowing down from 4/month in April to 2/month May to unknown in June and beyond. Less interviews will cause less hires which cause less classes is my understanding of it. I know...rocket science, but no meet and greet and no pool.

I just got the call from CAL on March 29. They were interviewing 6 people including me on 28 March. They ended the interview with Do you have any questions for us? I asked if hiring was going to continue. They said that it will indeed slow over the next couple of months to about 8/month then pick back up in the Fall just as CAL EWR B737 said. My class date is April 25th so I dont know if they have filled up that training class yet. Good luck to all of you, I have been a regular reader, never posted becasue had little to add to most of the posts but can't wait to start with CAL. PM me with any questions, Ill be happy to help if I know anything.

Two questions please"

1) What are the bases and how long to get to LAX if a base?
2) Do the follow up on a senority resignation or just want a copy of a letter?

Thanks - Baja.

no LAX base. that closed in the 90's? i think. bases are IAH, CLE, EWR, GUM. EWR and IAH are junior bases right now. CLE is known as a 'flying club' because of its small base size. GUM is fairly senior right now due to the nice benefits provided for GUM pilots (better pay, medical benefits day one, COLA - cost of living adjustment, etc).

talk of satellite bases appears to be drowned out by the reality of PBS coming soon - they want to see how staffing levels are affected before they make a call. one thing about PBS is that it lets them experiment with things a lot more (ie: make a fake LAX base in computer and see what it spits out). we'll see.

i've heard that they don't require seniority resignation from another carrier. not sure about that though.

good place to be and good time to get in as you can catch the rise of the hiring wave before it breaks into a whitecap.

Palomino said:
i've heard that they don't require seniority resignation from another carrier. not sure about that though.

That was never brought up during our training... It's not required.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back