Continental New Hire Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RichardFitzwell

Congrats and Welcome Aboard to the latest Continental New Hire Classes.

There were 11 New Hires in the July 26th class. All were awarded the B737 in EWR. They came from TWA, XJT (8), ACA and Mesaba. Ages ranged from 28 - 42.

The most recent class held 12 New Hires on August 2nd. Four were awarded the B737 while the remaining 8 held the B756 in EWR. They came from Mid-Atlantic, ATA (2), DAL, XJT, Colgan, ANG (2), Trans States, AAE and Chautauqua (2). Ages ranged from 26 - 51.

Future classes are scheduled for 12 pilots each on August 12th and the 16th. Approximately 4472 pilots are currently on property.

:)

Yeah, but they had two newhires get 777 FO right off the bat. That aint bad if you were flying RJs 6 legs a day before that. Let me see----Beijing or Buffalo? Delhi or Dayton? (which brings diahrea from both cities) Madrid or Madison? I would have to go for the 777 FO.

Bye Bye--General Lee

scarlet said:
Have fun with 15 year FO---

Have fun constantly wondering if your job will be undercut by Mesa... or is that who you fly for now?

Tell you what, next time I'm in the market for carreer advice, I'll look you up, but until then, let me manage my own carreer, thank you.

Last edited:
RichardFitzwell said:
Congrats and Welcome Aboard to the latest Continental New Hire Classes.

There were 11 New Hires in the July 26th class. All were awarded the B737 in EWR. They came from TWA, XJT (8), ACA and Mesaba. Ages ranged from 28 - 42.

The most recent class held 12 New Hires on August 2nd. Four were awarded the B737 while the remaining 8 held the B756 in EWR. They came from Mid-Atlantic, ATA (2), DAL, XJT, Colgan, ANG (2), Trans States, AAE and Chautauqua (2). Ages ranged from 26 - 51.

Future classes are scheduled for 12 pilots each on August 12th and the 16th. Approximately 4472 pilots are currently on property.

:)

TWA but not AA. You gotta love it. That's what I'm talking about.

"Have fun with 15 year FO" What does that mean? First officers are 15 years old? You're going to be a first officer for 15 years at Continental? Must be some inside joke.

I saw Continental ordered two new 777's. Not huge news but good news!

There's only about a 1000 numbers between a new-hire and the most junior 737 Capt. in EWR. Those will be gone in about 5 years just based on age 60 retirements alone, not to mention medicals and others. Fly safe!

Fly

Latest resources

Back