Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vote4Pedro

Got a question for the big boys-

A buddy of mine interviewed with and got hired by Express Jet about a year ago. He went to training, but left on Day 2 for a better opportunity within the flying community (corporate flying). He never got a seniority number or was paid for his training, as it was so quick. Might this affect his chances with Continental or any other major in the future?

Vote4Pedro said:
Got a question for the big boys-

A buddy of mine interviewed with and got hired by Express Jet about a year ago. He went to training, but left on Day 2 for a better opportunity within the flying community (corporate flying). He never got a seniority number or was paid for his training, as it was so quick. Might this affect his chances with Continental or any other major in the future?

I believe he will have just as good a chance as anyone. The main thing is that he doesn't currently work for XJT. An LOR from someone at CAL is what will put him in the interview pile.

FWIW...

Would it be the same to leave Eagle early at an American mainline interview? What looks worse to a company - someone who left right away, after training, after a year? Just curious. Thanks.

RIOtoPilot said:
Would it be the same to leave Eagle early at an American mainline interview? What looks worse to a company - someone who left right away, after training, after a year? Just curious. Thanks.

What looks worse depends on the reason for leaving, not necessarily the timing.

Did you leave because of a training failure? Did you get fired for disciplinary reasons? Did you leave for a better position?

The circumstances surrounding your decision to leave are what will determine if it's bad or not.

The main point of not being at AE for AA, or XJT for CAL is that at least you have a chance of being called for an interview. If you are currently working for AE or XJT(not in the XJT PIP group), fugedaboudit!

EMBpilot said:
Sorry to bother but what's the XJT PIP group?

PIP = Preferrential Interview Pilots group. The pilots who were supposed to be included in the FTA - Flow Through Agreement before it was terminated. They have been given an interview and are entitled to "flow" over to CAL according to a complicated arrangement that I don't have all of facts on since I am not included in it. Someone who is in the group could probably detail the provisions better than I could.

scotts said:
The main point of not being at AE for AA, or XJT for CAL is that at least you have a chance of being called for an interview. If you are currently working for AE or XJT(not in the XJT PIP group), fugedaboudit!

scotts, It sounds to me like you are saying that those that work for AE or XJT (and are not in this PIP program) have a lesser chance of getting an interview than those from other sources... am I understanding you correctly? Is this to prevent the major carrier from taking the talent from the regional? Just wondering outloud, haven't heard this sentiment before...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back