• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental looking for 4 Dispatchers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I applied, and got a rec from my old boss out at AirMike. Don't know that I would take it, but keeping options open.
There was some mention of layoffs at the recent employee meeting for my present employer, and I was the last one hired.

Nope. You will have to start with a regional at $12/hour like the rest of us did. Sorry.

Good post! Dispatch is Dispatch, piloting is piloting. The only fair way is to start like everyone else has. It also makes it fair for us dispatchers who are good at what we do and do not deserve to be turned down because someone else was able to get a pilots license to begin with.

Air Mike is Continental Micronesia, a wholly owned subsidiary of Continental Airlines. Dispatchers there are not in the TWU.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

The guy has an opportunity. I say go for it. He's got an advantage that others might not. Good for him if it works out.

Get the certificate, and for as little as possible... it doesn't matter where you went to get it.

Good luck with the furlough in the mean time...

-271FE

UPS starts just under 60k, and it is about 75K after 5 years, and that is probably the best contract going. I heard a few years ago on the yahoo dx forum that FedEx had matched the UPS contract

First year dx pay for United, Southwest and US is between 45-47K. for DL about 49K. NW pays about the same as CO, so their guys are drooling at the DL scale.

So, yes there is a lot of room for improvement. Contract negotiations have either started or should start soon as the contract is amendable this year or early 2009.

Last edited:
Dispatch pay

A friend who has been at United for about 15 years used to make 6 figures, and can still do it if he works at it. I know dispatchers at other mainline carriers used to be able to make that if they worked overtime. However, I think that, long term, that may be going the same way as the widebody captains pulling down $300K flying 10 days a month.

Dispatch pay

A friend who has been at United for about 15 years used to make 6 figures, and can still do it if he works at it. I know dispatchers at other mainline carriers used to be able to make that if they worked overtime. However, I think that, long term, that may be going the same way as the widebody captains pulling down $300K flying 10 days a month.

Latest resources

Back