• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental is recalling Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will bet the beer, and toast to whoever is right. The only reason I think it will go faster is because their is a lot of money waiting to be handed out to people who can make the pace go faster. I dont think either side wants a US air fight, no one has or ever will win on either side of it.

I agree. Lots of money sitting there. US Airways management must be saving a significant amount of money with cheap labor cost than any synergy.

I would not be surprised if we saw a short term agreement either. We need to get our money!!

(with out selling scope of course!)

I'll bet you a beer that it will take a minimum of 1 1/2 years before you ever see a joint contract accepted by both sides. Then there will be a 1-2 year battle over SLI (with appeals and all, ala USAIR). By then, finally people will be retiring and everybody will be back.

Wouldn't that void the Joint Venture agreement if nothing is resolved by DEC ?

That is the CAL pilot's biggest stick if true.........

Wouldn't that void the Joint Venture agreement if nothing is resolved by DEC ?

That is the CAL pilot's biggest stick if true.........

You are absolutely correct. This HAS to be done by the end of the year. We have all the bargaining power in the world right now.

Pessimism seems to be getting in the way of facts and logic. A joint contract will more than likely be completed before the end of the year.

Pessimism seems to be getting in the way of facts and logic. A joint contract will more than likely be completed before the end of the year.

That assumes that the company is going to come to the table ready to offer the kind of contract our union reps should be demanding. The scope thing is going to be a fight, and I hope both sides are ready for that fight, because it will be worth it over the course of our careers. They can flash money all day long, but its a secure job that I would rather have - and that security will come in the form of solid language in the contract pertaining to scope, work rules, and staffing. I am not interested in spending the rest of my career waiting for the "big bucks" at the end of the road, only to watch the end of the road move further and further away from me.

I honestly do not believe that Smisek is ready to negotiate in good faith to get a contract done that satisifies the requirements of both pilot groups. We better not settle for less than the best parts of both of our current contracts plus some.

There is always the crowd out there that says you have to ask for something unreasonable to get what you want in the end. I tend to believe that we make a much better case by starting where we want to be and not budging from there. In the end, I don't care what they start out asking for, I just care that nothing short of what we deserve makes it past the MEC's for a vote.

You are absolutely correct. This HAS to be done by the end of the year. We have all the bargaining power in the world right now.

Then we can expect an Industry Leading (which isn't hard to achieve nowadays) over the Holidays. They will offer low-lying fruit until the middle of DEC in hopes of the pilot group buckling - I don't see that happening.

You aren't going to hit them with what is right or wrong or what should be a fair contract for your employees that make them the bonuses. But that JV is one of the big keys to their merger sucess (which equals bigger bonuses for the combined BOD).

You hit them in the wallet......HARD and they will blink first guaranteed; if there is a threat to that river of revenue. If we do this right - we can virtually WRITE our own contract.

Scope-pay-work rules - all of it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back