Continental Intl Jumpseat + business class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

altimaklr

I've jumpseated overseas on every legacy airline and have been lucky on snagging a seat in business class on every airline except Continental. Is this a company policy, or am I just unlucky? Interestingly, United always seems to waitlist you for international business class without even asking, and I've known several people who eventually get a seat in F.

I've jumpseated overseas on every legacy airline and have been lucky on snagging a seat in business class on every airline except Continental. Is this a company policy, or am I just unlucky? Interestingly, United always seems to waitlist you for international business class without even asking, and I've known several people who eventually get a seat in F.

Yes, this is a policy that OAL jumpseaters are not accommodated in BusinessFirst or First class. However, depending on the cabin crew and captain......

This policy is pathetic and embarassing. I hope the United way spills over into the new company when it comes to treating fellow crewmembers.

Most majors don't allow ZED fairs or cabin jump seaters to sit in first class. It all depends on how you engage the flight and cabin crew. I cabin jump seated from Delhi to Newark and was given first class, but only because the Captain asked the flight attendants if "we had anything up front."

A neat uniform and a little respect goes a long way!

Most majors don't allow ZED fairs or cabin jump seaters to sit in first class.

I disagree. First part is correct....most majors will not let ZED fair holders to sit in First/Business. However, most US majors will let jumpseaters sit in First. I have never let a jumpseater sit in coach with First open (Delta).

I disagree. First part is correct....most majors will not let ZED fair holders to sit in First/Business. However, most US majors will let jumpseaters sit in First. I have never let a jumpseater sit in coach with First open (Delta).

If more people thought like you, jumpseating on CAL might be as good of an experience as all the other mainline carriers. As a captain, I would demand that all jumpseating crewmembers be as close to the cockpit as possible for "safety of flight" purposes.

Think United will always waitlist you as the lowest priority non-revenue for the highest class of service except First class. So more than likely, you'll get Biz class, or Economy Plus if biz gets full. Gate agents at United are mostly very helpful in allowing JSer to get better than coach seats.

Latest resources

Back