Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

calfo

From our MEC update:

With the end of summer flying, pilot hiring is now increasing back to its "normal" pace of 36-64 pilots a month until May 2007. 36 pilots will be hired for the month of September. These new hires will be going to IAH and EWR bases on both the B737 and B757 equipment.

This is great news.

BUT, the big question is this.....what is the best recommendation on getting an interview with CAL? I have no internal contacts. I have heard you need several inside recommendations but also hear others have been offered interviews straight from their initial application.

I have a 4 yr degree, currently fly for a major regional but no PIC turbine time as yet.

Any hope for me?

That's what the pilots at Comair think they are because of the DOT stats. It's all part of the arrogance you obtain from going to the high and mighty "Academy".

The CAL gig would be great if it didn't take about six years for the typical regional Capt. to break even in salary. $30/H. first year. Ouch indeed

The CAL gig would be great if it didn't take about six years for the typical regional Capt. to break even in salary. $30/H. first year. Ouch indeed

what is 'typical regional Capt' five year pay? i bet i can argue against your statement.

When does first year pay at CAL ($30 per hour) increase? Are there step increases for each year of the concessionary agreement?

Come on Formula keep the faith with us at AWA uhhh, I mean US Airwas- America West. Don't go to big bad Cal!!! :D

what is 'typical regional Capt' five year pay? i bet i can argue against your statement.

You can argue against it but that doesn't mean you are going to win. 6 years seems just about right. I had it figured at just over 5 years from my payscale at AWAC. Once you include health insurance, 401k match, hourly pay loss, etc...it's about 6 years to break even at CAL after leaving AWAC as a captain. Of course, after 6 years CAL wins hands down.

Latest resources

Back