• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental Express?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'v ebeen told by a person in HR for COEX mins will be 1800/500. Quite high if you ask me. Although this isn't etched in stone. I say click "no" to throwing bags and not being paid during training cause for one I dont want to throw bags nor did I get my certificates to throw bags. Also I say click "no" to not be paid for training because 3 months is a long time not to have an income.

1500 and 500 are the minimums. 1800/500 is fine too but you're above minimums.

I think it will be closer to the 4 years that "coex" stated above being that we are expanding and the Continental pilots are going back which will leave many many Captain positions open. So someone who gets hired this year will probably take closer to 4 years. Now if we get the Enhanced Flowthrough Agreement, upgrade time will be much quicker. Right now only the CAL flowbacks are going back (somewhere around 350 or so) and another 118 Express pilots will be going to CAL right afterward. CAL will see a massive peak in retirements in a few years retireing over 60% of their seniority list over the next 10 years. If we get an enhanced FTA, Express pilots will be leaving the top of the Express list at a very very rapid rate, everyones seniority number will decrease monthly and we very well could go back to the days of the 2 year upgrades.
Lets hope we get it, I want to move up and you want to get in and upgrade.....my seat is yours!

What would the enhanced flowthrough agreement do? I know the old flow through brought one coex guy to CAL for three pilots off the street, or something like that. How would this one be different? Thanks

Thanks for all the replies ... I went to their web site and had the 5 mins. phone interview ...

What is the ethnic diversity of flight crew at Express Jet ... I spoke with a couple of recruiters and they sounded Latino.It seems like a multi national company :)

captnmayday said:
Thanks for all the replies ... I went to their web site and had the 5 mins. phone interview ...

What is the ethnic diversity of flight crew at Express Jet ... I spoke with a couple of recruiters and they sounded Latino.It seems like a multi national company :)

Diversity is actually pretty flat, except for fa's. We have a pretty good group though, everyones welcome.

Commuting

How difficult would it be to commute to either EWR or CLE? Do they have any commuter clause/policy in the current contract? If not, is it likely to be addressed in the next one? Thanks.

hangar7guy
That all depends on where you are trying to commute from. Some cities have several flights per day and others only have a few. Right now we do not have an official commuter clause that I'm aware of, but they are supposedly working on a new one for the contract.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back