• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental expected to make UAL bid---article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can't imagine why an airline employee would "love" to see a merger............how come you think the history of mergers in this business will not repeat itself again in this case? If you're on the street now and this merger takes place you should plan on being on the street for the next decade if this happens. You will not be back, you will not benefit. There will be massive shrinkage, billions of debt, and constant never ending infighting amongst the employee groups.

I guess it's a sign of just how desperate Tilton and his employees have become......

It's not desperate employees, but a desperate CEO. We the employees don't want it. Just pray Tilty does not get to run it.

Wow.....

As a two-time UAL furloughee, I'd love to see a UAL-CAL merger...
We don't need "industry leading" wages in this new contract; just an ability to make fair pay in a motivated company that keeps the scope clause at 70 seaters and below.

I think Tilton and Smisnek(sp???) just cremed their pants!

Or at least nominated 250scp for negotiating committee..... You have to believe that buying off labor is one of their concerns, but if that is the sentiment of the pilots, that is just more expected synergies to be sprinkled upon the management.
Luv

As a two-time UAL furloughee, I'd love to see a UAL-CAL merger...we definitely need some adroit airline leadership and the fact that the route structure becomes stronger without much redundacy is a real benefit.

We don't need "industry leading" wages in this new contract; just an ability to make fair pay in a motivated company that keeps the scope clause at 70 seaters and below.

Why don't you go do all of us at CAL and all of you at UAL a favor and either resign your seniority number or cut all your fingers off. Either one I'm fine with but don't post on this issue again until you pull your head out of your. . . .

There aren't any 76 seaters at UAL? If there are, they are COMING to CAL, along with more large props. And as far as adding more seats at DL, that rumor is totally false. Oh well, sounds like you are the tard. Regardless, ENJOY!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Just pointing out how clueless you are GL- and a thread that shows the REAL scope battle is at 70's and higher-

And of course there's you making fun of CAL- instigating- for their stand at 50's

Cool, I do. I'll get off this when delta stops loosening scope

Latest resources

Back