• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental CEO defers pay/bonus until profitability restored

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would think a "classic MBA tactic" would be to get paid as much as possible as soon as possible... and then on to the next one.

Seems to me that taking a "paycut" to serve the greater good of an institution is a communist tactic.

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

If he were really taking a pay cut. He's only pretending to. Thus a classic lawyer tactic. :mad:
Not sure if he has an MBA, he does have masters in economics.

Unless, of course, he's in with the Illuminati and knows there will be another false flag op this year just like 9/11. :rolleyes:
Or could it be that he knows a merger with United will happen and thus kill the analysts' forecast of 190 million profit?

A communist tactic would be to take a paycut to serve the greater good and then remove community contributions from all of the worker's pay in order to furninsh his lavish lifestyle. ;)

Another note; as the #2 man, in 2008 he "forgave" 1/2 of his salary and ALL of his "bonus" and still eeeked out 4.9 million dollars.
Quite a bit more than the #1 guy at SWA, who actually turned a profit that year.

http://blogs.chron.com/lorensteffy/2010/01/continentals_ne.html

http://seekingalpha.com/article/174816-trying-to-understand-airline-executive-compensation

Last edited:
1. Good way to start the CEO career! What a guy! Good PR all over the country, even some of the World. Who knows maybe Burger King will want him next? ;)

2. Good way to boost the moral of employees so you can continue to rape them, maybe even ask for concessions and make them feel how hard it is out there, but if we sacrifice more and work more and not ask for anything we might be OK! Bottom line - if we make less then Delta people, doing the same business, we should be OK, right?
My airline pays me crap, but thats how it can buy yours!

3. Good way to demoralize the negotiation committee and almost every pilot on the property in light of the new contract.

4. Good way to bump the stock so Larry could cash out - most likely has been preplanned.

5. He'll get money somewhere esle and soon, just watch, but it will not make the news. Besides, still yound and yeah, maybe Burger King will want him?

I cashed in on that bump in stock. Only a few hundred shares, but a nice bump indeed.

AHHHH! How nice a multi-millionaire giving up pocket change always brings a tear to my eye!! :bawling:

1. Good way to start the CEO career! What a guy! Good PR all over the country, even some of the World. Who knows maybe Burger King will want him next? ;)

2. Good way to boost the moral of employees so you can continue to rape them, maybe even ask for concessions and make them feel how hard it is out there, but if we sacrifice more and work more and not ask for anything we might be OK! Bottom line - if we make less then Delta people, doing the same business, we should be OK, right?
My airline pays me crap, but thats how it can buy yours!

3. Good way to demoralize the negotiation committee and almost every pilot on the property in light of the new contract.

4. Good way to bump the stock so Larry could cash out - most likely has been preplanned.

5. He'll get money somewhere esle and soon, just watch, but it will not make the news. Besides, still yound and yeah, maybe Burger King will want him?

HHmmm... the most ironic thing about your post is that one of the best leaders in recent CAL history left CAL to become the CEO of......??????

You guessed it...Burger King!!

A great many knowledgeable people credit him for CAL's turnaround of the early 90's despite the credit often given to Gordon.

Latest resources

Back