• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental Airline Pilots and ATC at Houston

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Class B is 5 miles and clear of clouds. Did you have the airport environment in sight? You dont have to actually have the runway in sight. Could you manuver and proceed to the airport visually without actually flying THROUGH a cloud?

I would bet that those conditions could have been met. I would bet that you are one of the people that insist that a visual app corresponds with the ILS.

Just a guess.

X

You all think this guy is funny or pathetic but please be aware that implementation of the MPL will make a guy like this the norm. The greenhorn in the right seat is going to be an huge impediment to the barely qualified captain in the left and buffoonery like this will be the standard. Fly safe!

Class B is 5 miles and clear of clouds. Did you have the airport environment in sight? You dont have to actually have the runway in sight. Could you manuver and proceed to the airport visually without actually flying THROUGH a cloud?

I would bet that those conditions could have been met. I would bet that you are one of the people that insist that a visual app corresponds with the ILS.

Just a guess.

X

Do you mean 3 miles and clear of clouds?

I know who dream_guy is: He was a FO on my King air. 18 months NO UPGRADE! I will gladly share his name... WWW.EBAY.COM to the higest bidder.
I remember asking him to fill up the snack tray. He asked me 'with what'? I told him... "snacks"

On behalf of all CAL pilots, I would like to thank you. You see, at CAL, we're not very up to date on FAR's and procedures, so we definitely can use all the insight and tips we can get. In fact, at Continental, our ops-specs require us to have flown with at least three regional FO's in our jumpseats within the preceeding 90 days to stay current. Your vast knowledge and experience instilled upon us is not just appreciated, but required in our jumpseats. So, next time you jumpseat with us, please, please tell us how we could have done a better job. Jumpseat post-flight critique from regional f/o's such as yourself is the foundation of our continuing qualification and training.

We, and our passengers, will thank you.

Excellent! :cool:

I'm sure that's exactly the kind of post he was looking for. ;)

look in the mirror stooge

....So, ATC tried to pressure us to take a visual approach into RWY 26R. Unfortunately, my captain fell for the bait because ATC threatened to break us off from the approach and re-sequence us. The result was that ATC gave us some wild vector, well inside of OWELL FAF that resulted in an un-stabilized approach that I managed to save. However, both my captain and I were extremely upset.....

Blaming others for your screw up? If you can't do it, then don't. If you have to break off, then "oh well".

Take responsibility for your own actions and worry about what you can control. Your own frikin' airplane. My passengers and I will thank you.

Last edited:
Hey dreamguy, it's a pity you didn't JFK JR inverted out of your pet clouds. Would've saved alot of bandwidth.

Latest resources

Back