• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Being Politically Correct SUCKS!

Kittens give Morbo gas.

Oh, yeah. New Kids Suck!

Back to the thread: We were going into BWI a few years back and Approach asked if we had the field for a visual. We were about 10 miles out, and we didn't have the field. The evil, heartless, testosterone-laden ATC controller came back with something along the lines of "everyone else is calling the field that far out...", to which I said "we may be blind, but we're not stupid - we'll call it when we see it". As it was, we could barely see the bay. Turned out a hazy bank was moving in from our direction and things went down from there. Whose plane is it anyway? Jeez! Grow a set!

hahaha. After reading this post and then reading some other posts by this guy i've come up with the real scenerio.

Said pilot and his captain are upset becuase CAL was accepting visual approaches in IAH. Well, I think these airplanes are fictional binary generated aircraft created from FStraffic and MFSX. Wow, he saved the day by saving an unstable approach.....most professional pilots in this case would execute a missed approach but then I'm glad he didn't after reading some of his older posts on proper missed approach procedures. Not a clue this grasshopper. The only CAL jump seating this guy does is on youtube.com watching the in flight videos. I too have now jump seated on BA's concorde, and many many approaches into KaiTek. Hey Cathay, how could you accept the checkerboard approach with visibility below 5 miles, you really made it un nerving for me when I was flying the space shuttle and had to fly the visual behind you into Hong Kong, luckily I saved the day as I had no power, but then again, there is a large body of water near the airport. If Sully can do it, I can do it.

I have jumpseated in your cockpits many times going into IAH.

So, please CAL pilots, do not accept visual apps going into IAH when conditions are not VFR. You are breaking regs and giving the controllers a false impression that conditions are safe for visual apps when they are not.

My passengers and I will thank you.

On behalf of all CAL pilots, I would like to thank you. You see, at CAL, we're not very up to date on FAR's and procedures, so we definitely can use all the insight and tips we can get. In fact, at Continental, our ops-specs require us to have flown with at least three regional FO's in our jumpseats within the preceeding 90 days to stay current. Your vast knowledge and experience instilled upon us is not just appreciated, but required in our jumpseats. So, next time you jumpseat with us, please, please tell us how we could have done a better job. Jumpseat post-flight critique from regional f/o's such as yourself is the foundation of our continuing qualification and training.

We, and our passengers, will thank you.

Were they doing a charted landmark visual? Like something titled, "Freeway visual" "Mall visual" "Stadium Visual", etc? I.e., there is a jepp chart with that title.
If you are doing one of those approaches, you don't have to have the airport in sight, only the landmark specified in the approach.

hahaha. After reading this post and then reading some other posts by this guy i've come up with the real scenerio.

Said pilot and his captain are upset becuase CAL was accepting visual approaches in IAH. Well, I think these airplanes are fictional binary generated aircraft created from FStraffic and MFSX. Wow, he saved the day by saving an unstable approach.....most professional pilots in this case would execute a missed approach but then I'm glad he didn't after reading some of his older posts on proper missed approach procedures. Not a clue this grasshopper. The only CAL jump seating this guy does is on youtube.com watching the in flight videos. I too have now jump seated on BA's concorde, and many many approaches into KaiTek. Hey Cathay, how could you accept the checkerboard approach with visibility below 5 miles, you really made it un nerving for me when I was flying the space shuttle and had to fly the visual behind you into Hong Kong, luckily I saved the day as I had no power, but then again, there is a large body of water near the airport. If Sully can do it, I can do it.

Oh man this just made my day. Thanks

On behalf of all CAL pilots, I would like to thank you. You see, at CAL, we're not very up to date on FAR's and procedures, so we definitely can use all the insight and tips we can get. In fact, at Continental, our ops-specs require us to have flown with at least three regional FO's in our jumpseats within the preceeding 90 days to stay current. Your vast knowledge and experience instilled upon us is not just appreciated, but required in our jumpseats. So, next time you jumpseat with us, please, please tell us how we could have done a better job. Jumpseat post-flight critique from regional f/o's such as yourself is the foundation of our continuing qualification and training.

We, and our passengers, will thank you.

Perfect. I feel much better now about accepting visual clearances into EWR now. Thank you for thanking the original poster.

Continental pilots, I fly into IAH frequently. Also, I have jumpseated in your cockpits many times going into IAH.

Yesterday (March 11, 2009 around sunset), I was going into IAH and the weather was IFR with a small pocket, clear of clouds near the aiport, well inside of the FAF for the westbound runways.

Many of the CAL planes going into IAH were accepting visual approaches going into IAH. How could you guys accept visual approaches at that time? There was no way you could conduct visual approaches. So, ATC tried to pressure us to take a visual approach into RWY 26R. Unfortunately, my captain fell for the bait because ATC threatened to break us off from the approach and re-sequence us. The result was that ATC gave us some wild vector, well inside of OWELL FAF that resulted in an un-stabilized approach that I managed to save. However, both my captain and I were extremely upset.

I have jumpseated many times on CAL in the cockpit. I've seen you accept visual apps into IAH and then fly straight into the clouds which is a violation of the FARs.

So, please CAL pilots, do not accept visual apps going into IAH when conditions are not VFR. You are breaking regs and giving the controllers a false impression that conditions are safe for visual apps when they are not.

IAH controllers, please stop issuing visual apps when conditions are below VFR.

Apparently you didn't get that memo about CAL installing a Chuck Norris in every airplane. This device enables visual approaches in all conditions, including 0/0. Apparently Chuck Norris can see through anything, including kryptonite, clouds, and unobtainium. The Chuck Norris barks out commands such as "HIGH", "LOW", "LEFT", "RIGHT", etc. Chuck Norris v2.0 even has speed commands. Compliance is ensured by a karate chop to the flying pilot should the approach become unstable. If the remaining pilot does not comply with the Chuck's commands, he will also be karate chopped and Chuck will land the plane himself.

FAA acceptance was a breeze. The inspector only had one question, and halfway through it was roundhouse kicked so hard that his pen slipped out of his pocket and signed the TSO on its own out of fear.

Until you get your own Chuck Norris, please stop trying to save the world on your own.

Back to the compound, Hippy....

There has been a upsurge in panty requests from a certain pilot group.

While the number of requests has been very small condsidering the amount of aviators, most of whom who obviously don't need them, a small number have overtaxed the panty supplier, as well as caused an uptick of problems with Apple Inc support because of Ipod battery problems, and spot supply issues at La Quinta Inns with hair gel stocks. Only the suppliers of big plastic "Paris Hilton" type white plastic sunglasses had the foresight to anticipate the uptick in the 90 day moving average, and moved quicky to solve the critical emotional needs of their end customers.

Although you probably can't do it, you need to spend some JS time observing approaches in BOG/CLO/MDE/TGU/UIO/LPB because your IAH CAL guys have probably done a few approaches into those places by now.

Good Luck,

Signed "a BOG/CLO/MDE/TGU/UIO/LPB flyer for brand X"

Also, are there any regionals or coporate outfits in which I could upgrade to captain in 1-2 years? Finally, I am flying a jet. If I found a turboprop job in which I could quickly upgrade to captain, would this look bad on my career and at places I would interview at in the future, i.e. "why did you leave a jet job to go backwards and fly a turboprop?"

Say again?

Continental pilots, I fly into IAH frequently. Also, I have jumpseated in your cockpits many times going into IAH.

Yesterday (March 11, 2009 around sunset), I was going into IAH and the weather was IFR with a small pocket, clear of clouds near the aiport, well inside of the FAF for the westbound runways.

Many of the CAL planes going into IAH were accepting visual approaches going into IAH. How could you guys accept visual approaches at that time? There was no way you could conduct visual approaches. So, ATC tried to pressure us to take a visual approach into RWY 26R. Unfortunately, my captain fell for the bait because ATC threatened to break us off from the approach and re-sequence us. The result was that ATC gave us some wild vector, well inside of OWELL FAF that resulted in an un-stabilized approach that I managed to save. However, both my captain and I were extremely upset.

I have jumpseated many times on CAL in the cockpit. I've seen you accept visual apps into IAH and then fly straight into the clouds which is a violation of the FARs.

IAH controllers, please stop issuing visual apps when conditions are below VFR.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. One word if u cant accept.."unable". So u are complaining about something that you did too?? I thank you, for being a complete tool and hypocrite.

Latest resources

Back